• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The CTRL + V Game

fyFTyM2.jpg

There are so many things that I could possibly be thankful for. I mean it, so many things. So many that it is hard to count them. Thanksgiving may be over, but being grateful never stops. Therefore, I made this list: this list of three things I am thankful for: nature, video games, and homework.

The first thing I am thankful for is nature itself. I love nature so much that I get angry when people try to destroy the environment we live in. I mean, why be hating on trees and stuff? Without it, we would not exist. Which reminds me: In my backyard, there is a giant maple tree. When I was younger, I used to love to climb it. (With a ladder, of course. I was always too scared to try to climb it without a ladder, or my old playhouse that I had for a long time.) However, one spring day, I was climbing the tree, and I saw a robin?s egg nest. Overtime, the eggs started to disappear. About a week after all the eggs were gone, I did something I still regret to this day. I took the nest, figuring the birds were long gone, and I tried to put it in the birdhouse I also have in the backyard. I could not get down from the tree, though. Actually, I did, but it was very painful. I slipped on one of the branches and fell ?to my doom,? landed on the old monkey bars, and fell on the ground. It hurt A LOT. To this day, I still am careful about messing with them nests.

The second thing I am truly thankful for is video games, of course. I have been playing them ever since I was four years old, I think. My first ever console was the GameCube. I used to play games like Mario Party 4, Sonic Heroes, and Super Monkey Ball, many of those old school games. When I reached fifth grade, my IU class had an X-Box, as well as the hated video game, Sonic the Hedgehog ?06. If you do not know why people hate it, it was very glitchy. In addition, there was a bit of romance in it, which was hated by all the fans. Mainly, Sonic, the main character, saves Princess Elise from the evil Dr. Eggman. Time and time again. However, one day, he and his friends Miles ?Tails? Prower and Knuckles the Echidna find out Elise died in an explosion after yet another kidnapping by Eggman. With the help of Silver the Hedgehog, they go back in time to save Elise, and succeed. However, one day, an evil hedgehog named Mephiles shoots a Chaos Spear at Sonic, and he ?dies.? You should probably look it up if you want to find out more, because I think this is excessively much for a simple paragraph.

There is also one thing that about 99% of students at school hate, but there could be some positive things about it. That thing is homework. Sure, you can criticize me, go ahead. However, I think homework is not too bad, unless it is too much for me to handle. Yes, Mr. Marte?, I am talking to you. However, once I finish it, I get to do whatever I want for the rest of the day! In addition, sometimes I like drawing on the blank side of the homework. Come on, drawing is fun; I do not know what you are talking about!

In conclusion, I am truly thankful for nature, video games, and homework. I really hope you liked my essay.

This was my homework for my English class at school: write a five paragraph essay, of at least 400 words, of what you're thankful for...

Back