• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Full Calander

But the mushroom furniture could also be "normal" furniture now. I remember that some pieces of the sweets series were normal items in Wild World while they were much more expensive and exclusive Gracie-items in City Folk. So... it could be possible that the acorn festival has been removed completely and that the mushroom furniture is now for sell in the tanooki's shop... :s

im sure they dont ^.^
because they showed mushroom collecting before (i forgot til today when they said and showed me)
so im sure theres other holidays and events they didnt list

im sure they dont ^.^
because they showed mushroom collecting before (i forgot til today when they said and showed me)
so im sure theres other holidays and events they didnt list[/QUOTE

Mushroom collecting isn't even listed as a holiday in City Folk, so if it isn't on the calender, doesn't necessarily mean it won't be there. :) I'm sure there are a bunch of unlisted events.

You know what would be great, if you could celebrate all the holidays in all the regions (so have Obon in Japan, US, and Europe). That would be awesome and fair, right?

You know what would be great, if you could celebrate all the holidays in all the regions (so have Obon in Japan, US, and Europe). That would be awesome and fair, right?

I know! I've always wanted to celebrate Doll Day and the Winter Solstice!

I completely agree. I feel like since it's a game that was created from Japan, those holidays should stay even if it gets released in the UK/US. I feel like it's a bad call for western civilization to erase something that's not familiar to the masses.

EDIT: Winter Solstice is when the sun at noon is at its lowest point in the horizon (and for Summer, the sun would be at its highest). Typically during these times, there are festivities to celebrate it.

EDIT: Winter Solstice is when the sun at noon is at its lowest point in the horizon (and for Summer, the sun would be at its highest). Typically during these times, there are festivities to celebrate it.

Thanks for clearing that up! and I completely agree, I would love to keep the Japanese events and holidays, they're probably much more creative and fun than ours are anyway xD

Seeing as Wild World was my last Animal Crossing, I'm impressed with the number of holidays they put into the new handheld game! I'm so glad they brought back Halloween and Christmas!

Also, I think it would be really neat if they kept the Japanese holidays in the international releases!

Seeing as Wild World was my last Animal Crossing, I'm impressed with the number of holidays they put into the new handheld game! I'm so glad they brought back Halloween and Christmas!

Same. I've only ever played Wild World and looked at events like halloween and christmas on youtube and felt really left out. So I'm really looking forward to FINALLY getting to play those :D

I don't mind the lack of Japanese holidays. I think the localization of holidays is awesome, actually. It makes it so I (and many others) can relate to the game more easily. Games that don't localize for culture seem lazy to me. Like they didn't finish localizing it, they just sort of thought maybe they could sell a few copies in the states and elsewhere. When they localize, it's more our Animal Crossing game.

Plus, I like celebrating the holidays I got so excited about when I was a child. It's nostalgic.

And I don't think Japanese holidays are better then our's because that would be ethnocentric... Plus, I have no fond memories of them and can't really relate.

I don't mind the lack of Japanese holidays. I think the localization of holidays is awesome, actually. It makes it so I (and many others) can relate to the game more easily. Games that don't localize for culture seem lazy to me. Like they didn't finish localizing it, they just sort of thought maybe they could sell a few copies in the states and elsewhere. When they localize, it's more our Animal Crossing game.

Plus, I like celebrating the holidays I got so excited about when I was a child. It's nostalgic.

And I don't think Japanese holidays are better then our's because that would be ethnocentric... Plus, I have no fond memories of them and can't really relate.

I see what you mean, it makes it more personal :) But on the other hand I do like the sound of some of the Japanese one's..

I don't really see the problem with having both. That calender seems to have a good mix of both western and eastern holidays, and I think they should keep that calender for all versions.

I see what you mean, it makes it more personal :) But on the other hand I do like the sound of some of the Japanese one's..

The Obon festival I go to every year is pretty cool. (My boyfriend's family is Hawaiian-Japanese.) But I doubt they'll include any Japanese holidays no matter how hard we want them. So I'm glad I'm happy with the localization. XD

Oh my god and what about the flee market!?!?
I totally forgot about this one since I haven't played AC for ages ('cause my DS game card was stolen and my wii is broken)... but I can't find it on the calendar. I really hope that LilyElizabeth is right and that some of the festivals and holidays are just not listed yet in order to keep us excited...

Maybe the flea market is not there since we can sell our own items every day at the thrift store? :eek: But still, I missed buying cheap furniture from my villagers. :(

i hope they have the mushroom hunting again i really like it ^.^
too bad it doesnt show it on the calendar :(
Mushrooms is there, they've shown mushroom furniture and mushroom picking in earlier trailers :)

Flower fest and bright lights are probably the only two I even really enjoyed in WW. A shame they're taking that out, but I definitely don't mind that being out in return for actual holidays and the tourneys!
Yeah, I liked these, too. But Flower festival was easy to win as you could easily take your neighbours flowers so I understand why that would be taken out. But I really liked bright lights but meh

Oh my god and what about the flee market!?!?
I totally forgot about this one since I haven't played AC for ages ('cause my DS game card was stolen and my wii is broken)... but I can't find it on the calendar. I really hope that LilyElizabeth is right and that some of the festivals and holidays are just not listed yet in order to keep us excited...
I've already mentioned the flea market before;
Maybe the flea market is not there since we can sell our own items every day at the thrift store? :eek: But still, I missed buying cheap furniture from my villagers. :(
^ Pretty much sums up what I previously said about the flea market. Since we already have a thrift store to sell items, I doubt they'd put the flea market in. It's a shame though. The flea market was useful to help your neighbours complete their furniture sets in their house.

But the mushroom furniture could also be "normal" furniture now. I remember that some pieces of the sweets series were normal items in Wild World while they were much more expensive and exclusive Gracie-items in City Folk. So... it could be possible that the acorn festival has been removed completely and that the mushroom furniture is now for sell in the tanooki's shop... :s
The mushroom festival is still there. calm down!
I don't like this personally. You need to connect with people all over the world to complete the items. What's the fun if you can get all items in your own town?

Back