• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Mafia The Hunger Games Mafia - Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Magenta Pinwheel
Rainbow Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
The Hunger Games Mafia

Playerlist
1. PunchyDaHufflepuff
2. Ghostkid (Gavin)
3. Dolby
4. calamitybot
5. unravel
6. amazonevan19
7. Farobi
8. Antonio
9. iLoveYou
10. Dedenne2
11. Kammm
12. MapleSilver (Silver)
13. Locket
14. Byngo
15. Runeraider

Player requirement: 15 (I only designed it for 15 but if more people want to signup I could expand it to 20)

Replacements
1. glow

Observers
1. Ryumia
2. Jacob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Introduction
The year is 2018. The folks of The Bell Tree Forums cellar are in the middle of another game of mafia. Scum are well on their way to winning, as Godfather Dolby has somehow managed to convince everyone he is actually the doctor, Roleblocker Toads has managed to pull off a Rose the Roleblocker 2.0, and Punchy is a fantastic actor who is townlocked by almost everyone for behaving in his usual sporadic way. However, on LYLO day, something terrible happens.
10 minutes before EoD, everyone in the game is online. The remaining players are frantically trying to decide who to lynch, and the eliminated players are watching the ensuing chaos and facepalming in Observers chat. But suddenly, the page stops loading and the following message pops up on everyone’s screen:
“Unfortunately, our database has encountered a problem and the forums are temporarily unavailable until the issue has resolved. You can try refreshing the page to see if the error has been resolved, or come back later. Our technical team has been automatically notified of the error. We apologize for any inconvenience.”
Everyone collectively groans. Not again! Will those staff ever get this site fixed? But less than ten seconds after the error page pops up, everyone’s laptops and phones start making horrible roaring sounds.
“What the heck!” Punchy exclaims.
“Uh…” Dolby stutters.
Dad foresees that something terrible is about to happen, throws his phone across the room, and starts to run for the door. But before he can make it, some sort of laser beam shoots out of his phone and hits him, causing him to fall unconscious. The same thing happens to all of the other mafia players. Behind his computer screen, the nefarious hacker who caused this all to happen, Nucleoida, laughs evilly…
*​
The year is 2040. After being in a coma for the past twenty-two years (and also being kept in anti-aging chambers), the members of The Bell Tree Forums wake up, all in different locations, with no memory of their previous life.
“Huh?” exclaims Amanda, sitting up and looking around. “Where am I?”
“Oh, I’m so glad you finally woke up!” A man dressed as a doctor walks towards her. “You’ve been unconscious for so long…there was a war in your old land. So many were lost, so many were injured, but our great leader Nucleoida brought all the survivors to this great new world of Panem.”
Amanda squints. “Are you lying?”
“I wish I was,” the ‘doctor’ sighs. “But don’t worry. It’s all going to be ok. Once you have regained your strength, you will be sent to one of the twelve Districts where you can start a new life with us here. Our generous leader has even provided a house for every displaced person, isn’t that nice?”
‘Hmm…’ Amanda thinks to herself. ‘That sounds scummy’ (although she can’t remember how she knows this word). However, as she isn’t in much of a position to refuse, she pushes her fears aside and makes her way to her assigned district like all of the former TBT members, ready to begin her new life in Panem. However, unbeknownst to the former allies, a deadly game is brewing which will threaten their very lives...
Game-Specific Info
-End of Day/End of Night will always be at 6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm EDT/2am GMT (sorry) 11am AEST unless I say otherwise
-Day is 48 hours and night is 24 hours. This may be shortened towards the end of the game if desired.
-You must vote every day or you will be modkilled. This rule will only be excused if you contact me and explain why you were unable to vote.
-No out of thread communication whatsoever
-This game uses a plurality lynch. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. If two people have the same number of votes, the first to reach that number will be lynched.
-Replacements will be accepted until the start of day 3
-Wisdom of the crowds is not in effect

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.
Rules
-You must play towards your wincon.
-Do not screenshot, copy/paste, or breadcrumb your role PM
-Do not cheat (no sharing the mafia list, discussing game with players out of the thread, etc)
-You must make at least one substantial post (or several smaller posts) per day/night phase or you will be modkilled. If you vote but do not post in the thread at all, you might still be modkilled
-Do not spam the thread and talk about things other than the game. A small amount of strategic spam is ok but be reasonable. I’d rather you not advertise your discord server.
-Do not edit your posts for any reason. Sorry, you’ll just have to live with that poorly formatted quote.
-PLEASE DO NOT BE MEAN TO PEOPLE. Obviously mafia is prone to get heated but there should be no reason to make personal attacks on people.
Example of an acceptable thing to say: Your reasoning in that post was weak, I think you are scum
Example of an unacceptable thing to say: Oh my kracko you are so flipping stupid, you are a terrible player and I can’t stand playing with you, go jump off a cliff
New to mafia?
Please read over the basics of how to play the game in this thread: click here

Coaching
We currently have three experienced players who have offered to be coaches. If you are a new player and would like some guidance in the game, please PM me.

Notes
-Yes this is my first time hosting, but Ness helped balance my setup (thanks again!)
-Toadsworthy will be helping me behind the scenes if needed
-I think that's it if I missed something important just ask me :)2

Last edited:
This is an interesting mafia themed game. I wonder what the set-up for the game is going to be. :p

/Obs

Your first tribute for obs has arrived.

Can I be a replacement and obs?

I can't let you have obs chat while you could potentially replace in because sometimes game changing info is revealed in obs. But I can put you as a replacement and then if you're not needed, you can join obs once the replacement deadline has passed.

I can't let you have obs chat while you could potentially replace in because sometimes game changing info is revealed in obs. But I can put you as a replacement and then if you're not needed, you can join obs once the replacement deadline has passed.

Sure. That works!

I guess this will be my first proper game of Mafia if everything goes well. Glad I could make it.

I’m gonna regret this, but this seems to be TBT TBT mafia’s spiritual sequel

In

That flavor legit rivals Tina's game for epicness. It is certainly a lot funnier :p

Definitely in

It's 2040 and Dad wakes up to find his username changed to GrandDad.

I'm on the fence about joining because I am busy irl and people will expect my meta to be super active and wallposty.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Replacements until I make up my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back