• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Official "I Got New Leaf!/I'm downloading New Leaf!" Thread

I went and picked up two copies at a Target first thing this morning, I've been playing around with it all morning.

Oddly enough, apparently target is doing a buy one get one half off sale on them currently, so Instead of it being almost $70, it was only around $51.

Going to ebgames pretty soon to get mine! Waiting for my darn boyfriend to get ready!!!! He just doesn't understand my urgency! Lol. So stoked to be playing soon!! Happy new leaf NA!! Sorry Europe but soon enough for you guys too!!

I've gotten mine a few hours ago! Ironically enough, as soon as I brought my purchase from Gamestop, an ad for New Leaf came on the TV!

And I was the second person to buy it!

994808_10151624067599647_231562727_n.jpg

CRYING omg

I LOVE THIS GAME. I got my bundle at 11 and I have not stopped playing!!! AFTER 3 YEARS I GOT IT!!!!!!

Img_130609102200.jpg
The Story of How Stephen Macurdy got Animal Crossing New Leaf

I wake up at 8 am. Way too early but it would be totally worth it. Instead of riding my bike down to Gamestop which was my original plan, my mom would let me borrow the car after I dropped her off at the gym. So at about 9:40-ish we departed. I dropped her off at gym and went to Gamestop which was just right down the road.

Well bad news awaited me. Gamestop didn't open until 11 and not 10, even though I could have sworn their website said 10. I would have waited around until 11 if I didn't have a mother expecting me soon and work at noon. Luckily, there was a Target right across a giant parking lot.

So I made my way through the store and went to the electronics. I looked for the game first before asking for assistance. However the game wasn't there. I went to an employee and I had to wait like 5 mins (so long) because she was assisting a customer with a speaker. Finally, I ask her to get the game for me. Then she proceeded to tell me some nonsense on how they don't release new products until Tuesday. Can they even legally do that? Ugh, I love Target and all but I'm sorry they just lost a few hundred points in my book. I was panicking (is this how you really spell it??) at this point because I was in a rush. Thankfully, I remembered there was a Wal-Mart nearby and thankfully, I remembered the quicker way to get there.

So I drove there and ended up parking really bad lol. I took up 2 spaces. I tried to fix it but I just couldn't. I was in no mood for perfection. I don't particularly like Wal-Mart. It's always crowded and it feels like a giant warehouse which doesn't really give off a nice atmosphere. In my opinion. I make my way to electronics, all the way in the back ugh, and guess what? They didn't have it out either. I did, however, see a price tag barcode thing that said Animal Crossing 3DS. So again I asked an employee. He went to the backroom and pulled out a whole stack of them. I was so happy to finally see the game I have been waiting for like forever. I bought it using a giftcard I got for Christmas and drove to pick up my mom and get ready for work.

Work was extremely busy and it was really hot outside. It rained at one point which cooled me down and I wore a raincoat and splashed in the rain lol. Then it stopped and got really humid..After work I finally got home and played Animal Crossing New Leaf at last! Though I did end up losing 10 bucks because of my pre-order with Gamestop. Probably not gonna go back there and try to get my money back :/

To finish this up here's one of the pics I took with the game. Didn't come out the way I wanted lol.
Img_130609102153.jpg

Last edited:
Back