• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Official Story of Winstaland

Island/Town Name
Winstaland
Hemisphere
North

Lirinya

Disgustingly Average
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Winstaland
White Lily

🇳🇺 Winstaland 🇳🇺

Winstaland was born on the 20th March 2020.

The name, Winstaland, comes from the name of the hamster I adopted, Winston.
A Roborovski hamster I adopted, he was my baby.
namesake.jpg

Winstaland has had 450~ hours of playtime, and I look forward to sharing some old pictures, and some new memories with you all in Winstalands Official story and diary.

The Map

Admittedly, I never reset for a better map, under the assumpion we could move the Residents services later on in the game (what a mistake that was.)

map.jpg

(The DA is fairly current if you want to visit it.)

So, I worked with what we had. The river layout is fairly similar, too, as I could never really figure out what I wanted to do with it- so I left them, other than adding a few ponds and a small island for the Able Sisters.

Currently, we have a couple of beach houses, a residental section, as well as villages who live higher up on the cliffs. We have Hybrid-park, Hybrid-farm, A yard sale, a garden center, a library, a spa, Blue-Rose park, Spooky-walk, A beach cafe, Sanrio-corner, a graveyard (more on that next), a play-park and a swim shop.

Winstaland is due renovations, and I'm hoping to work on those alongside this forum.

Residents

I have three accounts on my switch;
Lirinya - Main 👑
Rats - A Beach Resident 🏖
Isabelle - A Camper ⛺

I never had dream villagers, so just kept hunting until I found ones I thought were cute and fit my aesthetic. So, we ended up with...
Raymond, Chai, Chelsea, Reneigh, Julian, Julia, Marty, Dom, Merengue and Pashmina.

(10 villagers really isn't enough. Also, when I can be bothered, Julia is outa here.)

The Graveyard

I feel like I want to mention this first, as its probably the most important part of Winstaland for me.
1621552026981.png

I've put the explanation in a spoiler, incase someone isn't comfortable, or interested in reading.

Everyone grieves in their different ways. Especially with this certain virus throwing a spanner into the works, when were unable to see loved ones, it's difficult.
On June the 16th, 2020, I lost my grandfather (dads side) to dementia.
We knew it was coming, but it didn't make it easier. I was lucky enough to see him a day before he passed.
His grave is the one with the fathers day mug, and the dog.

On July 16th, 2020, I lost my grandmother (mums side) to.. we're not entirely sure.
It was veru sudden and brutal. One minute, she was well, next I had a voicemail from her saying she was coming home. The day after, she was gone. I wasn't able to see her.
Her grave is the one with the mothers day mug, and the flowers (she's also to blame for the lilys as they were her favourite flower.)

Then, on March 23rd, this year, I lost the islands namesake, Winston. I suspect he was old, since he was adopted- I wasn't sure, but it was hearbreaking nontheless.

In essence, this way I have a memory of those I love and lost, close by, when ever I feel like escaping to Winstaland.
It seemed like the perfect place to put them; scenic, peaceful, remote.

Notice Board Art

I love to draw when I get in the mood, but never know what.

It helps that with the Notice Board, we have limited resources. It makes doodling much easier.
Here are some old doodles for your viewing pleasure.

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

Old Winstaland

Before I start posting new things, Here are a few photos from way back when. Hopefully there's some nice development to watch as we go on.

Thanks in advance for even getting this far. I spent the last year on New Horizons with the only community I played with being Nookazon. I didn't even know about these forums (and I love a good forum) until literally today.

EZl6TReUcAAvfxM.jpgEXSBaGuUwAAK5Ge.jpgEXkNvaeVcAIEKxQ.jpgEXkN4PuU0AA1EpL.jpgEYLMIfsUMAE9MEZ.jpgEYLMIfqVcAAGTBr.jpgEXkN4PyUwAAq5Yc.jpg

A Visitor!

My siblings, brother and sister who are 11 and 10 respectfully, both share a switch.

I found out that they had bought NH together, and as a trial I offered to pay for my sisters switch online so she could visit my island when we couldn't see each other.
She's obsessed (I often feel guilty as I'll log on to trade and miss loads of messages from her ingame, oops.)
Despite me lining her and my brothers pockets with bells and gifts of pretty much anything they wanted, she still felt the need to bring gifts over when she visited. She's such a blessing.

Here's a few pictures taken when she's been to visit. (Featuring also my boyfriend who came to visit.)
E13pbwPVcAI0YaF.jpg
E13pbwIUcAESPSW.jpg
E13pbv6VIAYF-0K.jpg

Last edited:
Did you know?

If anyone has any interest in trading, I wonder how many have used Nookazon? I'm not sure how I discovered it, but I became really engrossed in the community and trading for a long time.

Winstaland was actually the host to Nookazons first giveaway!
We rounded up so much, and kickstarted a chain of events leading to Nookazon officially running and hosting giveaways on their website.

It started out small, with my intention being to giveaway all my NMT, or to buy the winner their dream villager from the site/discord.

It grew and grew, with another six people adding to the tally of items we had to give away. It took me three trips to delivery all the goods!

The post!
E13shEaVoAEbuio.jpg

Have you seen Winstalands flag yet?

I wanted something somewhat realistic, not just some random drawing, so settled on this. I think somewhere down the line I got lazy and just left it as it is, so, it's official, I guess!
E130EXJVcAI2_4i.jpg

I think I have a problem...
E130EXbVoAIx8_e.jpg

And finally, for now, here's a rather pretty picture of some late night relaxing in the library. Good night from Winstaland.
E130EW2VcAIkL1G.jpg

House Tour

Good evening, visitors!
I took these pictures the other day, when I thought a house tour might be a good idea. Hope you enjoy!

I wanted to keep the living room fairly neutral- love me some browns.
h8.jpgh7.jpg

We have a little spa/outdoor type setting. I could never find a suitable wallpaper. Love that floor, though.
h6.jpg

The kitchen is pretty basic, and has a little bit of everything in it. Nothing spectacular.
h5.jpg

I love pink....
h4.jpg

This is my favourite room, I love how it turned out. The main/master bedroom. It's so cozy looking.
h2.jpgh3.jpg

The room of shame. It initially started ass a kind of fun toy/kiddy room and turned into my hoarding room of creepy poster collecting obsession. I have a poster of almost all of the villagers I've had, minus the ones I despised. We even have the scanrio ones!
h1.jpgE130EXbVoAIx8_e.jpg

Back