• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The one year challenge

I wish I knew where to put my fountain. My villagers' houses aren't in good spots, for the most part. The Gardening Center didn't have an axe today, so I wasn't able to chop down my trees. While the PWP's get rid of trees and plants, I just find it easier to picture without the trees/plants in the way in the first place.

In other news, Nook's is closed for the second time. Also, Gracie has yet to come visit me. :(

Last edited:
I did not participate in the Tourney today. I wasn't feeling up to it, but I did at least go to the awards thingy since the villagers get sad that it gets "canceled" if the mayor doesn't attend. Feeling sick lately :<

Here's what happened at the awards ceremony:

HNI_0049.JPG

Of course, I wonder if I placed.

HNI_0050.JPG

It'll begin once the screen goes black.

HNI_0051.JPG

Wow, I didn't place! This is a first.

HNI_0052.JPG

Well, congratulations to the villagers I guess.

Today in Navidson:

-got 2nd place in the Fishing Tourney from a Pond Smelt I caught the other day
-got a new hairstyle; this is addicting now :p
-Nook's is upgrading to the Supermarket finally! It was closed for the upgrade today.

I placed 4th in the Fishing Tourney. I raged so hard.

I did a lot of rambling to Mr. Paperboy up there but I'll post that tomorrow.

Ugh, I'm getting the resetting urges again .-.

I mean I love my town and all... But there's something so fun about resetting. How do I stop this?

Ugh, I'm getting the resetting urges again .-.

I mean I love my town and all... But there's something so fun about resetting. How do I stop this?

But the challenge!

I do agree, though, resetting and seeing what the village is like in the beginning is fun.

I haven't posted any pictures of my town yet, but I thought I'd go ahead and start doing that every now and then. So here we go ^^

Not a whole lot happened today, but I did manage to get a ton of badges from Phineas! I did a lot of bug hunting, fishing, and touring on the island last night, so I guess that's why ~ c:
HNI_0066_3.JPG

HNI_0067_3.JPG

HNI_0068_3.JPG

HNI_0069_3.JPG

HNI_0070_3.JPG

HNI_0071_3.JPG

Wow. Thanks Phineas xD

I then found out Blathers wants the museum updated! Looking forward to that.

HNI_0078_3.JPG

Fuchsia told me the Mayor has a new reputation o:

HNI_0088_3.JPG

I won the fishing tourney with a 7.10 in pond smelt!

HNI_0094_3.JPG

And finally, Phineas stopped by again to give me yet another badge:

HNI_0089_3.JPG

Overall, a pretty good day. :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

But the challenge!

I do agree, though, resetting and seeing what the village is like in the beginning is fun.

Yeah, I'd feel pretty bad if I reset in the middle of the challenge ;-;
Tempting though, cause every town is unique and it's so fun to see them at the start and imagine all the possibilities o:

Last edited:
@dewy: personally I feel like it's best to keep your town even if the map isn't ideal. part of the fun is trying to figure out how you can turn an ugly map into something beautiful. that's what I'm doing with mine, at least. but if you're really hating your map then it's better to reset early on than to wait 6 months to do it :)

now for hell

HNI_0088.JPG
lolly set down her plot in a horrible area :/ got her for free from a cycler yesterday. really wish I could plot reset though, my villagers are moving into the worst areas.

HNI_0090.JPG
got Katie in my town, she came from Hya's town! Dropped her off at a friend's house while we were conducting a trade

HNI_0094.JPG
Isabelle keeps telling me that my town needs more greenery. Which is true. The bottom half of my map is barren because I chopped down all trees. Oops.

HNI_0095.JPG
I did get the gardening badge though which is great :)

HNI_0098.JPG
2F opened up! I didnt buy the silver shovel because I got the gold shovel and axe as payment for a commission. But maybe I'll get it. Could be useful with the money rock, I guess? Mainly just want the net/fishing pole.

HNI_0002.JPG
I thought for sure I was going to win first place because I was at first place when I finish turning in my fish. But I guess that Katt and Rory turned in even better fish after I did. It's okay though, no biggie :)

shoes.jpg
I spent the rest of the day landscaping after that. The pink areas denote what I've already finished. Every single square in the pink area has something planted in it (or is reserved for a future pwp) As you can see I still have a lot left to do :(

@dewy: personally I feel like it's best to keep your town even if the map isn't ideal. part of the fun is trying to figure out how you can turn an ugly map into something beautiful. that's what I'm doing with mine, at least. but if you're really hating your map then it's better to reset early on than to wait 6 months to do it :)

Yeah, I get what you mean. The longest I had a town before resetting was two months, and that was hard enough. I'd be so mad at myself if I went months and months and then realized I should have reset. That makes me wonder if I should do it now before it's too late .-.
But the problems not so much that it's a bad map, it's just that I'm already bored with it, ya know? I think I'm gonna hold back on resetting though cuz I know I'll probably get bored with whatever map I choose, even if I think it's perfect at first.
Oh well, I'll just try to make it work. I think I felt this way with my main town too, but I ended up loving how that one turned out. I guess it's just a slump I have to get over ~

Hi all, hope you're all having a good weekend irl and in ACNL. heads up: the Tuna Kahuna tour is on today for those are doing medalquests.

I've scaled back how much time I spend in Taciturn the last couple days. I think I over-did it a little at the end of the week and almost went mad trying to arrange flowers and lay paths and stuff! I unlocked the QR machine and found a few paths I like, but it's tedious mapping stuff out, especially when I still don't know what I'm going to do with the top half of my town :p I'm so glad I can't TT, otherwise I'd have my other alts all QR-ready straight away and I know I'd force myself to spend hours choosing paths and laying tiles. I don't want to rush this town at all, so I'm going to try to limit how much time I spend a day in Taciturn, I don't want to get frustrated and/or lose interest.

That being said, I must be doing something right because I got perfect town status by accident on the 16th! I was walking around looking for fossils, and found a jacob's ladder! I was pretty excited, and pleased that all those trips to the island stealing flowers from tours and ferrying them back home, actually paid off. I also planted a load of various fruit trees just to give the town some colour while I wait for more PWPs to fill up the space, so I guess that helped too. I also build the flower clock, but I'll probably move it in the future. My last PWP request was the metal bench (yey), I'm really hoping I get some more decent ones next week, but so far I've managed to get one a day last week.

perfecttown1.JPG

Perfecttown2.JPG

Maple invited me over and I did a piano recital for her, she really is very cute! <3

Maple.JPG

Does anyone have a diving suit I could have/buy? I want to do the diving trick

I don't have any spares right now and they're not selling at my island. But I hear that it'll also work if you go far from your villagers for a while. So maybe just standing at the edge of the beach will work? I haven't tested it myself so I don't know :) Also: please note that villagers will not ping you on tournament days.

Yeah, I get what you mean. The longest I had a town before resetting was two months, and that was hard enough. I'd be so mad at myself if I went months and months and then realized I should have reset. That makes me wonder if I should do it now before it's too late .-.
But the problems not so much that it's a bad map, it's just that I'm already bored with it, ya know? I think I'm gonna hold back on resetting though cuz I know I'll probably get bored with whatever map I choose, even if I think it's perfect at first.
Oh well, I'll just try to make it work. I think I felt this way with my main town too, but I ended up loving how that one turned out. I guess it's just a slump I have to get over ~

Your dream town is so pretty! I love it

I have Katie today, can I bring her over to someone's town please? I'll be quick :)

Edit: Nevermind, she's going to Fresh :)

Last edited:
Back