• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The small things

Juicebox

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
We all know that Animal Crossing for the 3DS will be released really soon. With every new Animal Crossing, there comes the release of tons of new features. Wild World brought Wifi, City Folk brought the City. But in amidst all those big features, sometimes some of the small features can be forgotten.
To me, it's those small features that really flesh out the game. Such as, the gamecube version had the balls, and Wild World let us take off the stupid hats. It's those little things that make Animal Crossing such a memorable experience, and I think there should be a thread to discuss and speculate about what little secrets and such will be implemented. This thread can be used for speculating, or maybe something you saw in one of the trailers that you would like to point out.

I think that a cute feature would be allowing us to have a town saying. Like, when a friend comes into your town, Porter can say a cute little catchphrase about your town. You can decide it on your own, or you can choose preset phrases.
Such as, my town is going to be called Juicebox. If one of you were to come into my town on the train, you would hear, "Juicebox! Juicebox! Delicious and Nutricious!"

Go ahead and discuss what little things you think will be in the game.

I dont know if this is considered small, but i would love if the backstory's of blathers and Sable,Mable and Lable were explained even more! i loved that, and i also want to befriend sable again!

Isn't there already a speculation thread?

hm.. I'd like for them to explain the character's backstory. Why and how they became mayor.

I'd love to see the villager-photos have their come-back. It was so much fun to write letters over letters and talk to a villager everyday, giving him tons of the presents he wants, and then finally be rewarded with his photo and the tiny phrase engraved.

Also, it would be amazing if we were able to go drinking a coffee or eating something together with our wi-fi-friends. Although I don't want to be something like an energy- or hunger-bar which you have to keep up, I think the idea is very sweet- just to watch the scenery and feel like having a date or so.
:)

I also want villagers to really hate or like me, instead of just being mad for a few minutes and then getting neutral again. If I throw them into traps or hit them with my net, they should avoid me for days. Only giving them a lot of presents and writing letters should make an excuse.

Last edited:
I think Tortimer is dead. Well hes probably just on the island being retired...but if he is dead id like to be able to find his ghost similar to wisps.

A funny back story about Tortimer would be great. Maybe finding him at The Roost, drinking coffee, and rambling about how he used to be mayor.

A funny back story about Tortimer would be great. Maybe finding him at The Roost, drinking coffee, and rambling about how he used to be mayor.
That is the most reasonable speculation of Tortimer that I have seen so far!

Maybe the inspector came and saw Tortimer sleeping on the job, and now he is homeless, and if you give him about 1000 bells, he will buy a boat and live on a island! I let my imagination go wild there and i dont think they will do this, but one can always dream...

You know what I want to see back? The option to ask for jobs, like they had in the original AC. It was such a great way to get items.

I would like to see backstories on all the characters that didn't previously have them. For example, Kicks. We know little about him. Also, since Nook's nephews are making a return, I would like a backstory on them, too. I mean, did they choose to come and work for the shop, or did something happen to their parents?

I think it'd be pretty cool to have a place outside your town that you could travel to by train, but without having to connect with another person, maybe where several players could go at one time. I always felt like I was missing out on City Folk and Wild World because I didn't know anybody else who had either game... And I feel a little wierd connecting with strangers one on one, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the villager-photos have their come-back. It was so much fun to write letters over letters and talk to a villager everyday, giving him tons of the presents he wants, and then finally be rewarded with his photo and the tiny phrase engraved.

Also, it would be amazing if we were able to go drinking a coffee or eating something together with our wi-fi-friends. Although I don't want to be something like an energy- or hunger-bar which you have to keep up, I think the idea is very sweet- just to watch the scenery and feel like having a date or so.
:)

I also want villagers to really hate or like me, instead of just being mad for a few minutes and then getting neutral again. If I throw them into traps or hit them with my net, they should avoid me for days. Only giving them a lot of presents and writing letters should make an excuse.

IKR?! Pictures, Nintendo!!! PICTURES!
Yeah, we need better rivalries! So we can kick that nasty Alli out of town! That weird Tank!

I really want the pictures to return, didn't even buy City Folk because they weren't included in that version.

I think they should somehow use internet connection to change the village weather to whatever the weather forcast in your area is. That would be epic! Mind you, if you lived somewhere with terrible weather, it might make it a bit miserable! lol ;D

That would be my case. It rains/snows every other day, if not every single day where I live.

I had that idea a while back too, and I still think it's an awesome idea. I enjoy rainy days in Animal Crossing, means more fish.

My area has no "weather for the day." It pretty much goes from snowy, to sunny, to dusty, to rainy, and back to snowy again. I wouldn't mind if you could turn the feature off and on though.

There was a pretty big discussion on that matter a lot earlier this year. Options are the best thing any game can have.

Giving the player a choice on what and how they play the game is what makes newer games great.

That would be so cool :D It would snow a lot though for me, lol. But whatever, I really like making snowmen in AC. I hope it returns.

Back