• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The strangeness of hybrids...

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Hybrids in WW and CF seemed straight forward
  • White +red= pink
  • Red+yellow= orange
  • red+red= black/ purple (okay, so this one doesn't make total sense, but it was consistent.
  • etc.

But for this game, things seem a bit weird. I've heard others mention hybrids springing up from strange pairings. I had a pink rose spring up from a black + red pairing.

Does anyone know: is it just the black hybrids that breed unexpected colors? Or do other pairings give off random colors?

Orange + Orange = Black
Had that happen with my orange cosmos.

I've had a blue violet pop up near my purple/white ones, so maybe purple x purple or purple x white (for violets/pansies) = blue ?

I have this scan if that helps?

667703a6_zps95751530.jpg

I never knew much about hybrid growing. Do they have dominant and recessive alleles like in real life?

I don't know too much about all that but I think hybrids are a lot more common in this game. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I think it may be alot more detailed. So the genes will go back as far as 'grandparent' flowers. With the recessive and dominate genes. This may be why you get a 'strange' flower out of a pair. ?
So say you had a red and white produces a pink. Then you bred that pink with another pink you may get a red if the parents of the other pink flower had a recessive red gene. ?
Im not sure if this is correct or they would even bother making 'grandparent' genes matter. But any how. :)

Wow these seem much more complex than other games xD
I love planting hybrids so this is gonna be so much more interesting for me ^^

on this scan it seems like it also matters if the flower came from either a bag, or from the wild :confused:

yeah i noticed that.

I really hope there's a hybrid guide before the game comes out in English versions 'cause dis **** confuzing!

this might sound off but Next to my flower garden at the side of it a pink flower grew out of nowhere

Anyone might know this?

Blue roses are hard in my opinion but my friend says you can get it by in ACCF black+red

Might had changed

There are special flowers (only 2 of them)
I know that they are called "special" something flowers. And I think they are only red...? Zen may be able to clarify. But with these flowers, apparently breeding them gives you odd pairs of hybrids that don't follow usual patterns

There are special flowers (only 2 of them)
I know that they are called "special" something flowers. And I think they are only red...? Zen may be able to clarify. But with these flowers, apparently breeding them gives you odd pairs of hybrids that don't follow usual patterns

Hybriding is quite well done in this iteration of animal crossing. Not only will it take color and origin into account, it will also take into account parents.

So a special flower, red in this case, is one that has been bred from two parents that share a red gene.

Fun right? :)

Back