• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The tarantula and scorpion ranting thread.

Silversea

Savannah Queen
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2440-7613-8427
Spring Sakura
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Blue Hybrid Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
New Year's Party Popper
Red Feather
Green Feather
Yellow Feather
Blue Feather
Let's hear all those stories.

My story from today: I found 2 scorpions at once. The first walked behind me as soon as I saw it and disappeared, and the second went under a bush. Nice.

Not really a ranting thread but today I outran a scorpion who was trying to hurt me. ; - ; Hid in the train station.

Haven't encountered any in a while.

There was this one time when I left my house and as soon as my character stepped out, there was a scorpion about 4 spaces to the left. I caught it though.

Found 3 more. The first one went off the screen and jumped on me as soon as I took the net out. The second didn't, though when I hit it with the net it disappeared rather than being caught. The third just fell in the water as soon as I saw it.

Yay.

The first three scorpions I saw all zapped me...

The most annoying one was the one that showed up on a fireworks night while I was exchanging cookie tickets with Redd - it sneaked up and got me before I could do anything about it :mad:

I just end up encountering scorpions while I'm going about my own business. Usually I hear their hisses or movement and am able to catch them, but the latest one ran right in front of me right into the river. Yeah, let me know how well that works out for you.

The funniest tarantula encounter is when I watched one cross a bridge. It was acting so proper that it was hilarious.

I got ambushed by a scorpion who was hiding behind my lighthouse :( scared me so much i jumped off my chair xD

Another time i missed a tarantula who disappeared inside a rock, then 3 minutes later got stung by a scorpion. :(

Chevre asked me to get her a scorpion, I declined because of how difficult they are to catch. Not long after one jumped out at me from behind a tree.

I heard a scorpion hissing not too long ago so I went to look for it and I stepped on it and got attacked. It was hiding in my damn red flower forest I couldn't see the damn thing.

can never take out my net fast enough, i get too nervous and excited and forget how to think

Last edited:
I'm just frustrated that I never find them. :( I've found two; the first one murdered me, and the second one I just barely missed with my net and had to run away from it and hide in my house. I want to get them before they disappear for months, so does anyone have any tips for finding them? Same goes for tarantulas, actually.

I've had lots of luck with tarantulas - they always wait politely for me to snatch them up. Scorpions, however, are another story.

I don't know if this is just extremely lucky or part of the game, but a scorpion will spawn immediately after a tarantula in my town. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've only found one, think it was the tarantula. Didn't catch it though. It attacked and I ran and hid. :c I could have done without those creepy things.

Saw a scorpion and heard the crawling sound for half a second when it crawled off the screen behind a tree/over the cliff and despawned...

I've seen maybe a total of 3-4 each, and yet I've only managed to catch them the first time I saw them. Every other time, while trying to catch them, I just ended up getting attacked. Not too much of an issue since I've already managed to donate them both to the museum, but that little bit of extra cash would've been nice.

:D haven't seen one the whole summer Ii've been playing :D

{Though i did catch a scorpion on one of my alternate characters, of which whom i deleted}

I've only ever seen one tarantula and one scorpion. I got bitten each time and for weeks now I have never seen another again. :( I feel your pain, Filly.

I've seen 3 tarantulas and 2 scorpions. 2 committed suicide in the river while the other 3 successfully attacked me. I'm not sure I'll ever finish my bug section of the museum.:(

Hmm, I catched one of both and I donated them to the museum, but even though I have run into them quite a lot, I wasn`t able to catch more of them. In the end its not a big deal, but I wonder how many points they would go for in bughunt contests. :)

Back