• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The tarantula and scorpion ranting thread.

They probably go for no more points in the bug-off contest as a palm tree beetle. In that respect I recommend NOT wasting scorpions and tarantulas on such an event.

What a laugh I have had. I used to be so frustrated by the both of them until 2 days before end of August. I had resigned to never completing the collection at the museum. They would always commit suicide IF I even managed to spot them. I have now caught each several times over. This is what I used to do....

...see one and panic, try to remember what advice I had read on the forum and fail; wait too long trying to decide what to do, etc until is disappears and I am left feeling extremely frustrated, empty handed, sweaty and heart pumping like mad.

This is what I do now...

After 7pm, walk around town with ONLY the net in my pockets; see tarantula or scorpion (does not matter whether it has seen me or not); take out net and stay put; very very slowly edge towards it (it will turn and hiss); stop; T or S tries to move on and I continue to follow slowly and stop when it stops and hisses. At some point I have to very, very slowly but boldly move towards it whether it is hissing or not. Once in striking distance I DO NOT walk any further but swing my net. If I am are not sure about the striking distance I move around until I am facing it at an angle where I am sure it is in striking distance then SWING! The last scorpion I caught was hanging half way on land and half way the river. It looked so funny trying to escape.

Anyway, since adopting the above actions, I have NEVER been stung by any of them nor have I failed to catch them.

Last edited:
I've tried to catch scorpions several times but I have too many trees D: they always just disappear.

Tarantulas I stay away from as much as I can. I tried to catch one a few times before but the stress and almost having a legit freak-out isn't worth it. My friend promised to catch one for me on my game instead orz. Spiders, man. D:

I definitely agree most failures result from procastination of some kind.

I got really lucky the other day. I was walking along my path and a scorpion came from behind a tree, like a net's length away. I caught it in my first swipe. I was pretty pumped!

Back