• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Tropical Island... Requirements?

Wing

Resetti's Assistant
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm sure most of us have seen the topical island from Animal Crossing in Game Cube... And as we know, the GC version requires us to have a Gameboy Advance connected to the Game Cube... Now the island is going to be back for the 3DS, what do you think is going to be the requirements for us to visit?
Ideas I have so far:
* To be in a multiplayer group...? (Easy enough)
* Pay 1000 Bells. (As shown on the video)
* A DS Lite?
* A Wii?
I'm not so sure myself, but I hope that it's just something like multiplayer or the bells payment. What do you think?

I doubt you'd need a DS lite/Wii

I know it's definitely 1,000 Bells to get there

Idk part of me thinks it might only be accessible through online play, part of me doesn't. I don't know

Swimming might actually be disabled anywhere outside of the island but not sure on that. I think you'll be able to go to the island alone but obviously to play the mini-games you need 4 players. Finally, I would be very surprised if they actually required another device. Just because they did that before doesn't mean it was a good idea or that it'll happen again.

To be honest with you I don't think it will need any of those things I'm guessing the 1000 bells is the fee to pay to get there. Im guessing you can't swim there.

*oh and bidoof I wouldn't worry about the accessible through online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeGkErmUDPk&feature=context-gfa this video shows just one person going to the island.
Ahh thanks for that

Swimming might actually be disabled anywhere outside of the island but not sure on that. I think you'll be able to go to the island alone but obviously to play the mini-games you need 4 players. Finally, I would be very surprised if they actually required another device. Just because they did that before doesn't mean it was a good idea or that it'll happen again.
Yeah, I'm thinking you can't swim off the island either, but then why did they show jumping off the wharf in the earlier trailers. I don't know, possibly it changed but idk. But yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if swimming was an island only feature

Yeah, I'm thinking you can't swim off the island either, but then why did they show jumping off the wharf in the earlier trailers. I don't know, possibly it changed but idk. But yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if swimming was an island only feature

Yeah, the whole wharf thing occurred to me too but I'm thinking maybe the Island just wasn't fully developed yet at the time. In all the walking around they did in the Nintendo Direct we never saw that platform on the beach again.

Yeah, the whole wharf thing occurred to me too but I'm thinking maybe the Island just wasn't fully developed yet at the time. In all the walking around they did in the Nintendo Direct we never saw that platform on the beach again.
yeah I'm on this boat. The wharf probably turned into the one to Kappn's boat or w.e

Yeah I suppose its been taken out because the jetty where kapp'n is was pretty much where the plain one was in the trailer. Its properly just for the island as its always summer there and it wouldn't really make sense jumping in the sea in the town in the middle of winter.

To be honest with you I don't think it will need any of those things I'm guessing the 1000 bells is the fee to pay to get there. Im guessing you can't swim there.

*oh and bidoof I wouldn't worry about the accessible through online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeGkErmUDPk&feature=context-gfa this video shows just one person going to the island.
Villagers at the mall! Just like the city in city folk, But better!

I do wonder if in addition to the 1,000 bell fee (which I'll assume is constant), if you have to complete a certain task to hop aboard initially. That would be interesting.

I like the fee.

Also, you should change your signature. The majority of people here are kids. :)

I wonder if we can hold more bells at once now, cause when the player talked to Kapp'n there were a lot of empty number spaces, but that could just be because you can hold bell bags which will count, so I'm not sure, I hope you can hold more bells at once, that way when I go make a payment for a bridge, I don't have to have bell bags filling my pockets.

I'm hoping that the island can still be accessed on your own and if there's no other players then maybe villagers could make up the numbers. It'd be disappointing for all the people who don't go online to miss out on the stuff from the shop there. I read somewhere that you trade medals won for playing the island games at the store for prizes. That may just be speculation, I really don't know where I saw it with all the new info I've read the past few days.

I reckon that maybe there is more than one island, one which is normal, and one for multiplayer games. Idk, it just seemed funny that tortimer on the island held some kind of maze game for the multiplayers, which doesn't look single-player friendly. It's just my theory. What do you think?

I'm sure you can swim around your town, I doubt they'll have made it an Island-only feature since it's one of the bigger changes. As for what you'll need to get there, I doubt it'll be multi-player, I've seen an image from one of the videos where there is only one character sat on the boat. I reckon you'll just need to pay him and off you go :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiCR8jPMz8&feature=related
At 2:00 - 1 guy on the boat :)

Last edited:
I wonder if we can hold more bells at once now, cause when the player talked to Kapp'n there were a lot of empty number spaces, but that could just be because you can hold bell bags which will count, so I'm not sure, I hope you can hold more bells at once, that way when I go make a payment for a bridge, I don't have to have bell bags filling my pockets.

im sure we could ^.^
since all the stuff that we can add looks like its going to be so expensive (which i dont mind lol i got too much bells in the others)

I'm sure you can swim around your town, I doubt they'll have made it an Island-only feature since it's one of the bigger changes.
At 2:00 - 1 guy on the boat :)

Same. If its restricted to the island then I wil be severely dissapointed.. It just seems like such an unnecessary limitation to the game.

Swimming to the island though, I don't know. There will probably be an invisible wall or just some text that pops up saying the waters to dangerous or deep.

I do wonder if in addition to the 1,000 bell fee (which I'll assume is constant), if you have to complete a certain task to hop aboard initially. That would be interesting.
Yeah, that'd be cool.. But it really depends on what task xD
Justin said:
Maybe you might be able to swim there instead of paying 1000 bells... Maybe swim by jumping off a wharf and finding the actual island.

This is actually something I have thought on quiet a bit, like in the trailers they have like 100,000 bells+ on them, but I mean who knows...

I like this idea. I don't know why but it's reminding me of Spyro, which I'm liking

Back