• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Tropical Island... Requirements?

Most likely you'll have to get through something after the intro tutorials to be able to get on the boat. So I figure as soon as you're able to invite friends over you should be able to go to the island.

Just what I think though. Doesn't seem like something they would force you to go through hoops to do when they're charging you in the first place.

I don't think you would need a DS/Wii. maybe when you reach a certain point in the game, eg. when you get the 'town tree' (or whatever it's called) to a certain growth stage

I don't see why you can't access it all the time, there is a fee, that's it, the only thing I can think of for it to be 'unlocked' sorta speak is that the dock is a community project just like the second floor of the museum.

Did I unterstand it right that you can get all the summer bugs and fishs all year long on the island?
But I think Superpenguin is right, with the new features that the island brings it would be a pain not to be able to access it...

Did I unterstand it right that you can get all the summer bugs and fishs all year long on the island?
But I think Superpenguin is right, with the new features that the island brings it would be a pain not to be able to access it...

Yes you can, that's why I think Kapp'n doesn't run his boat at night, or else earning money would be too easy at the island with summer beatles.

I don't think you would need a DS/Wii. maybe when you reach a certain point in the game, eg. when you get the 'town tree' (or whatever it's called) to a certain growth stage
This is actually something nice. It would give the town tree's growth more importance, and like I said, for some reason having to do something in order to go to the island reminds me of Spyro, so I really hope we need to do a task.

I don't see why you can't access it all the time, there is a fee, that's it, the only thing I can think of for it to be 'unlocked' sorta speak is that the dock is a community project just like the second floor of the museum.
The dock as a community project sounds possible. But like I said, I just want it to be unlocked in the game because it reminds of of Spyro LOL

Yeah, it's always summer on the island :)

Most likely you'll have to get through something after the intro tutorials to be able to get on the boat. So I figure as soon as you're able to invite friends over you should be able to go to the island.

Just what I think though. Doesn't seem like something they would force you to go through hoops to do when they're charging you in the first place.

Well, with Nintendo, you'll never know... You'll never know...

Well, with Nintendo, you'll never know... You'll never know...

w8SPT.jpg

Jake, I think it reminds you of Spyro because of the fee? Moneybag used to charge for everything! This greedy, fat piece of bear xD I loved the Spyro's on the PSone... :)
BTW, have you changed your name? :O
It's so great that it's always summer on the island! The design of the island in general is so great, such a great feeling! I really hope you just need to pay a fee to get there or/and achieve a certain goal in the game that everybody can accomplish...

Jake, I think it reminds you of Spyro because of the fee? Moneybag used to charge for everything! This greedy, fat piece of bear xD I loved the Spyro's on the PSone... :)
BTW, have you changed your name? :O
It's so great that it's always summer on the island! The design of the island in general is so great, such a great feeling! I really hope you just need to pay a fee to get there or/and achieve a certain goal in the game that everybody can accomplish...

Oh lord I remember Moneybags.

I used to have Spyro: Year of the Dragon but only had a ps2 to play it on which meant no saving. Many hours I spent playing that game and then losing all saved data afterwards... (who needs a key when you can learn to chant like this: yyyy ey ey yow)

Last edited:
Back