• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Theme Builder - Seasonal Themes

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
As I go over what goes under which theme, the seasonal ones will come first. There are six different groups. One are all the themes related to the winter and the transition between fall and winter. One is the spring and the transition between winter and spring. One is the summer and the transition betweem spring and summer. One is the fall and the transition between the summer and fall. One is season neutral themes, but are still related to the four seasons. The other includes all themes that have no correlation to the four seasons at all, even if seasons do play a role.

Winter Themes:

So here's what we know. Every year begins and ends with the same season, which is winter. While the hype for it starts after Thanksgivings but before Christmas, the season becomes unpopular and more hated after Christmas. I actually like the winter. I prefer cooler weather, and my birthday is within the winter months. Here are all the themes and motifs that counts as "winter":

• Snow Theme (includes snow creatures, snowmen, snow structures, and snowflakes).
  • Ice Theme (includes ice structures, ice crystals, and other icy objects)
  • Creatures from the North and South polar regions (such as penguins and polar bears)
  • Winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiles, and sledding)
  • Christmas Theme
  • Snowy weather
  • Snowy and icy landscapes
  • Valentine's Theme
  • Groundhog's Day Theme
  • Mardi Gras Theme
Spring Themes:

After the first two months, the weather warms up. The snow has melted, and the spring is finally here. Let's ignore the shifting seasons at this point. Spring is the most popular season in historic times. It is the season when farms and gardens start growing. Somehow, spring is my least favorite season, but it's not a bad season at all.

• Gardens
  • Leprechauns and luck
  • Easter Theme
  • Rabbits, mice, skunks, possums, beavers, and small birds
  • Swamp reptiles and amphibians
  • Earth Day Theme
Summer Themes:

The mid-year is when everything gets hot. Days are at the longest, trees and plants are looking awake, and people are having more fun. While some people are having a lot of fun, others want to stay inside. As a person who likes the winter, I can agree that the summer is miserably hot. Air conditioners can help keep me cool, but they use a lot of electricity. Here are the themes and motifs that go under "summer":

• Beach Theme
  • Tropical Island Theme
  • Fireworks Theme
  • Summer sports (surfing, swimming, diving, jogging etc)
  • Sun
  • Summer animals
Fall Themes:

The last stage before winter begins is the fall, which is a very interesting season. The early fall is like the summer, but it looks like the beginning. The late fall is like the winter, but it looks like the end. I can understand that watching the changes in the fall can be depressing (especially the shrinking daylight hours due to the tilt), but it has more interesting celebrations at this time.

• Leaves
  • Squirrels, raccoons, owls, bats, hawks, foxes, and turkeys
  • Nuts and berries
  • Halloween Theme
  • Harvest Theme
  • Thanksgiving Theme
  • Pumpkins, scarecrows, and apples
Season-Generic Themes:

There are some themes that are related to the four seasons in some way and have their variations, but they're related to all four seasons, or at least a few. One example is food. In the winter, we would have more fish or seafood, as well as a couple of hot meals. In the spring, there are vegetables. In the summer, there is tropical fruit. In the fall, there is orchard fruit. Here are the themes and motifs that can relate to any season:

• Forest Theme
  • Farming
  • Fish
  • Camping Theme
  • Water and water forms (such as rivers and waterfalls)
  • Mountains
  • Birthday Theme
Season-Neutral Themes:

The other themes don't really have a fit into any of the four seasons. These would be completely irrelevant to the themes. Unless if there are some "complements", themes and motifs under this category wouldn't really count. It includes, but not limited to:

• City Themes
  • World Themes
  • Fairy-tale Themes
  • Sci-fi Themes
  • Modern Themes
  • Biomes that don't really have seasons
And that's all for today. Tomorrow, I should move to World Themes.

Back