• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Themed Towns?

The only theme I have set for my town is 'natural'. I'm going to have a lot of wooden items and trees and plants. I won't have weird items like electronic signs or lights (besides the one light pole because it looks rather elegant) and I won't have themed decorations like the Tokyo tower or the sphinx or whatever there are. I want my town to be all natural with as little modern themes as possible.

Besides the lost and found. I have to have Copper so no wood Lost and Found for me!

hmmmmmm... I just really love the whole 'small country town' feel so I'm probably going to make my town all natural, nothing too high-tech, maybe a zen garden or some art? who knows! All this planning just makes me wish I had the game right now! only less than a month to go!

I'm going to theme mine a bit off of Alice in Wonderland, but not completely because I don't want to feel restricted. Just some things in my town will be, but not everything.

I'm going to make my town natural as well, I don't like the more modern / electronic community projects etc.
I guess the "theme" of my town will be "forest" :D I'm always planting waaay too many trees (or that is what the wishing well/Pelly & Phyllis are telling me ;))
I know there are many people who don't like that, but I really love how my gamecube town looks like a thick forest... almost like a jungle! Feels so cozy! I want to do the same with my NL town... though I'll leave some space for a flower meadow and some community projects this time

I'm looking forward to see what other people do with their towns~

Also, because I don't want to limit myself too much, I'll be "modifying" the Superstar Saga theme to my needs. :p

My town is going to be 'Tea Party' theme.
It's just going to be super cute/girly with a lot of pink and white <3 heh.

I want to make my town natural too. I'm thinking like Mikayla's from LinandKo's videos, her town looks very pretty from what's been shown. I'm going to theme my houses though as I've mentioned before.

I think I might do a LoZ themed town. I was thinking that, with the train, I could do a cross with ST and TWW. I could have a korok character who has succeeded in growing a forest to expand the land(that was their goal in TWW). I will surround the area around her house with trees and then put a border of bushes. I'll leave a gap with patterns to look like an endless drop off a cliff (with roots coming out so it looks like the trees are expanding the land), and you have to fly across with the leaf umbrella (which I will leave there for visitors to use in a dream). I had the idea when I remembered the beak accessory and thought about making a rito character and it expanded from there :D

I am going to be making a mushroom kingdom themed town! Im going to try and make it a little more Peach's castle/courtyard themed if I can. I really want my town to be fun to visit over the dream world. One whole house is going to be dedicated to being Peach's castle. The signboards are really cool to use too! If I can find a Peach cut-out board :s

I just cant wait to get started!

I think I might do a LoZ themed town. I was thinking that, with the train, I could do a cross with ST and TWW. I could have a korok character who has succeeded in growing a forest to expand the land(that was their goal in TWW). I will surround the area around her house with trees and then put a border of bushes. I'll leave a gap with patterns to look like an endless drop off a cliff (with roots coming out so it looks like the trees are expanding the land), and you have to fly across with the leaf umbrella (which I will leave there for visitors to use in a dream). I had the idea when I remembered the beak accessory and thought about making a rito character and it expanded from there :D

I am going to be making a mushroom kingdom themed town! Im going to try and make it a little more Peach's castle/courtyard themed if I can. I really want my town to be fun to visit over the dream world. One whole house is going to be dedicated to being Peach's castle. The signboards are really cool to use too! If I can find a Peach cut-out board :s

I just cant wait to get started!

Both of yours would be very interesting to see! :D

ACNL korok acre3.jpg

This is a preliminary blueprint for an acre for the korok character. The big red thing represents my house. That hole on the left side will be made using patterns. Light green is grass, olive green is bush and the green in between is tree. The yellow is lantern, and the 2 square brown thing is the log bench project. I left all that grass at the top assuming that a river is above the acre. That way I can fish without trouble. Of course if I do make this area a maze, then I guess I should really make sure the house is worth reaching :D

Last edited:

This is a preliminary blueprint for an acre for the korok character. The big red thing represents my house. That hole on the left side will be made using patterns. Light green is grass, olive green is bush and the green in between is tree. The yellow is lantern, and the 2 square brown thing is the log bench project. I left all that grass at the top assuming that a river is above the acre. That way I can fish without trouble. Of course if I do make this area a maze, then I guess I should really make sure the house is worth reaching :D

If you pull this off, it will be very fun to visit over wifi. I love how you already have blueprints for what you want to do. I'm just going to form my theme as I progress through the game.

Superjail themed

I read this and I was like "heck yes." I can't imagine how you'd pull it off, but if you do it I definitely want to see it.

As for my town, I really want to make a horror-themed town at some point but making a themed town is extremely tedious. I also wouldn't want it to be compared to Aika, as awesomely done as it is; it just seems like it's considered to be "the" horror village.

I might just end up making my house creepy while I just focus on having a town that looks good. :p

ACNL camp acre.jpg

This is my preliminary blueprint for a camping acre. It would be somewhere in the top acres. The red thing is the campsite project. The orange and yellow thing is the bonfire project. The brown things are logs and the 1 yellow thing is a lamp. Light green is grass and dark green is tree. This acre would double as an orchard.

This is my preliminary blueprint for a camping acre. It would be somewhere in the top acres. The red thing is the campsite project. The orange and yellow thing is the bonfire project. The brown things are logs and the 1 yellow thing is a lamp. Light green is grass and dark green is tree. This acre would double as an orchard.

Quite a few trees, very nice!

I am not going to make my town entirely themed. However, i will be making a forest place for my campsite and
bonfire community project alongside some log benches and a house for my ranger or forester type of character.
There'll also be different houses for my other additional characters with other themes like a restaurant, an additional ''camper'' or
maybe another character if i can think of anything like a boutique or something.

So, plenty of ideas here!
;)

Back