• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Theories

I found out a month or two ago in the first trailer, there appears to be a fish shadow on the beach at a paused 0:06.

Last edited:
There will be no fishing in this game.

First, none of the trailers included a picture or video content containing fish. Secondly, there is already an AR game that includes fishing that is just like fishing in Animal Crossing. Thirdly, swimming would scare fish naturally so it doesn't make sense for it to be there.
Thats like saying there will be no shovels or slingshots cause they werent in the trailer

I'm pretty sure everyone will not accept my theory on fishing because they are so attached to it. So far I've gotten arguments based on only one point and that is fishing was not revealed in any of the trailers.

We can not ignore the AR games that include a VERY similar fishing game to the Animal Crossing style. People should also note that fishing is very popular on Animal Crossing, more so than fossil collecting, gardening, and using your slingshot. Why would Nintendo only preview bug catching to fishing? I can't imagine why Nintendo would not include it in their trailer since they included fishing last year.

On a side note, there have been large shots of water, none of them included a fish. Literally there was someone swimming in a large part of the shore and not one fish. The shadow that some people see as a fish is definitely just diction to where the river/shore gets deeper.

I'm pretty sure everyone will not accept my theory on fishing because they are so attached to it. So far I've gotten arguments based on only one point and that is fishing was not revealed in any of the trailers.

We can not ignore the AR games that include a VERY similar fishing game to the Animal Crossing style. People should also note that fishing is very popular on Animal Crossing, more so than fossil collecting, gardening, and using your slingshot. Why would Nintendo only preview bug catching to fishing? I can't imagine why Nintendo would not include it in their trailer since they included fishing last year.

On a side note, there have been large shots of water, none of them included a fish. Literally there was someone swimming in a large part of the shore and not one fish. The shadow that some people see as a fish is definitely just diction to where the river/shore gets deeper.

More I think about it you MIGHT be right about no fishing, but I don't understand why Nintendo would leave it out. In the trailers you see nothing in the waters, and the villagers houses also don't have any fish in them. Maybe Nintendo hasn't programmed the fish AI yet? The game was obviously in early stages of development and they just whipped up a trailer to show at E3 to show people it's being released. Your conclusion of no fishing is a possibility until an official trailer showing ALL of the AC:3DS features.

You guys do realize that D1llon is just trolling you, right? Right?
....I'm dead ass when I say it is more than moderately possible that fishing will not be included in the upcoming Animal Crossing game. Look at my evidence, it DOES make sense.

dude... ur overreacting alittle bit. like pikachu344 said with the shovels and sling shots. theres no shots of nook either, does that mean hes not coming back? nooks waaaay above the fishing aspect due 2 the fact that the whole game pretty much revolves around the store, and K.K.'s not there either. fishing is a massive part of the game that keeps not only me, but almost every, other, player who owns the game playing 4 so long and nintendo knows this. nintendo, hopefully knows what the fans want after CF and its highly unlikely that they'll take it out and im not just attached to fishing. all ur really doing is scaring people on the forum. with nintendogs, u can use the voice cammands with the AR cards the same way u can use it in game.
my main point is, ur evidence isnt really that strong and most of it is highly debatable.
im not trying to be mean... its just that ur sturing up alot of hullabaloo when we literaly know a handfull of facts about the game

also, take into consideration that the game isnt done... maybe they just didn't add the fish in yet

I think there may be the shadow of a fish on the first trailer in the beach part.

With all the evidence I have it seems really hard for me that people still ignore it all. I'm only getting counter arguments that keep repeating the same thing- the important of fishing to the game. The comments claiming that my theory is just an tempt to cause tumult are pretty ignorant.

@midgetman143- I know fishing is very popular in the game, if you read my post it addressed that and how Nintendo should have included it in their trailer. Nintendo's actions do not seem very reasonable; with fishing being more popular than gardening and bug catching, why should it not be previewed to the others?

You guys. So silly. Don't feed the troll. Let it go and he'll stop posting. After awhile. lrn2internets

Of course there will be fishing.

You guys. So silly. Don't feed the troll. Let it go and he'll stop posting.
Excuse me, I am not trolling. In fact I am actually getting irritated that people are being stubborn on a THEORY. Yes, a theory. I will venture out there and say my theory makes sense and is plausible.

But don't worry people! If there isn't fishing Nintendo will certainly make up for it! We have yet to know what can come out of the swimming feature. :)

Excuse me, I am not trolling. In fact I am actually getting irritated that people are being stubborn on a THEORY. Yes, a theory. I will venture out there and say my theory makes sense and is plausible.

But don't worry people! If there isn't fishing Nintendo will certainly make up for it! We have yet to know what can come out of the swimming feature. :)
Most people don't want to catch fish underwater with their hands/objects, so I'm sure Nintendo won't leave it out. I, and many others, prefer regular fishing, thank you.

People are entitled to disagree with what you say and you keep flaming them for it.

People are entitled to disagree with what you say and you keep flaming them for it.
I'm pretty sure what I'm doing is the opposite of flaming. I actually provided leisure for those who disagree with me. It's just really disappointing to see people being so ready to reject someone's theory, it makes me loose faith in humanity to see people reject it when it provides decent evidence.

Also Bidoof, everyone would be appreciative if your posts were constructive and useful. That's just a reminder though, but I would hate to see this good thread go to waste.

I'm pretty sure what I'm doing is the opposite of flaming. I actually provided leisure for those who disagree with me. It's just really disappointing to see people being so ready to reject someone's theory, it makes me loose faith in humanity to see people reject it when it provides decent evidence.

Also Bidoof, everyone would be appreciative if your posts were constructive and useful. That's just a reminder though, but I would hate to see this good thread go to waste.

How rude! You're bashing at him/her right now.

Back