• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Things I'd like to see in the next AC instalment

ZedameX

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Sweet, there is a typo in the title!

ACNL supplies potential to be coming back for years with some crazy goals like banking 100,000,000 bells or having played for 500+ hours, and 500 days. For the amount of items and content involved its quite well polished for what its worth having only heard of a few people experiencing a issues.

I feel like sharing a list of additions I'd like to see in future AC games after having played NL for some time so here we go.

Bug fixes:
Crashes when exiting certain shops (I have never experienced this in 500+ hours gameplay)
Neverending gift sequence (Only heard of this happening)
Clipping out of room / map (player forced so not so bad)
Item Duping (player forced, but could screw online economy)

Un-equippable tools indoors
I'm happy with the fact you put them away and can not use them indoors, but I wish I could still access the item should I want to store it. I'm not liking the whole "oh crap I didn't take the tool off I wanted to store, I have to walk outside just to unequip it" thing

OMG Fruits can Stack!
But only when you access your on inventory, not if the game does it for you, for example, if you pick up fruit and your inventory is full, you can't just stack them then and there to make room, you have to drop the fruit you just picked up, access your inventory, stack, then pick it up again.

Same applies to storage, if you access storage you can not stack or unstack, you have to remove a stack from storage, exit storage, access inventory, unstack, then go back into storage. I would like to see the ability to do this under any circumstance that inventory is visible.

Auto Stacking
When picking up fruit it would be even better if it just stacks it for you automatically.

Draw to select
You can sell/identify/donate multiple items at once, but you need to tap every item individually and there is a delay in between each item you select. I would love to have a draw to select implementation so you could just draw a line across the items you want to sell and it would select them all.

Double Tap / Group to Store
This is a bit more nitpicky and I only really felt this urge when playing on an XL, dragging items to and from storage started to feel a bit cumbersome and I start worrying about scratching the screen doing so, I wish I could just double tap an item to store it. Or perhaps be able to highlight multiple items by the draw to select method above and send selected to storage.

Select all
To be able to sell or store everything you are currently carrying without even needing to select them all would also be awesome.

Local Messaging History
There is no history so if your changing rooms / shops / etc, you will miss what they said. Its almost more effective to use the best friend chat even when they are at your village so you have access to chat history.

Interactive Items
I love interactive items! but every single one does not really interact with the character when you press A, its either a sound or an animation from the item. I'd like to be able to see the character get involved, hop on that wii balance board, jump in that hotspring, rock climb wall or jump on that Merry-go-Round and have a friend run up and spin it, only for your character to walk off all dizzy and incapable of walking in a straight line for a few seconds.

Actions while sitting
You can use the water can or emotions, but you can't fish, or use items you have on infront of you, I'd like to be able to sit down and play a piano, use that PC, or eat that meal etc.

I'd also like to still be able to access a dresser if I have put a lamp on top of it without first removing the lamp...

Online Trade Center!
I'd love to be able to go online and be able to meet and/or trade with other users, possibly similiar to pokemons global trade centre, where you can put up items and request for trades for others. This might require a second type of catalogue, for items you've seen but not held (where items you've held you can order from your own catalogue)
This would also allow for trading of rare products that you can not order from catalogue.

A slightly more controversial and larger scale request
Some people would disagree, but I would like the game to feature two types of villages

• One which crushes time travelling completely.
  • One that allows sandboxing (time travelling benefits but locked so the items can not be traded with the TT locked players, because I want to see a meaningful online economy!
For example, the time travel lock one
Changing the time of day would:
  • lock all progression for 48 hours
  • shops will not re-roll their contents
  • block turnip sales (no more 588 turnip time frozen villages)
  • cancel upcoming event (and implement an event postpone feature for people who can only play at night or weekend etc)
    I don't want to see villages have items from times of year that they haven't actually had the game for! The easiest way for this would be to have online server time checks, or have events dished out like those pokemon mystery gifts, but this would be problematic as the game would therefore require online access. Therefore I can only come up with cancelling the next event event (even if its months away) to seriously hinder people time travelling to unlock event items outside of actual time frames.
Where the sandbox one would allow players to just trigger events whenever they want (eg calender events, villagers moving in/out, shops opening etc) cause worthless items like weeds to grow, and be able to order whatever items they want (perhaps, first time item orders to cost more to still hold some challenge factor)

Of course, members of both styles could visit each other, as I don't want to block myself from visiting villages like Aika which could only be done with time travelling, but they wont be able to interact with each others terf just like dream villages.

Well, one can dream I guess.

Last edited:
Honestly, pretty much everything I asked for came to be in New Leaf. Minigames, visiting random towns, town decorations, animals doing stuff, all of it came to be.

I guess I would like relationships with animals to be more clear-cut. I want an enemy system. Animals treat you the same whether you are mean to them or not, and I would rather have an animal that I hit with a net every day act like I torture them rather than remaining friendly with me.

Actually, your "typo" is correct over here. :) You can fix it though. Instead of editing the post in-line, click the Go Advanced button when you're editing.

Draw to select
You can sell/identify/donate multiple items at once, but you need to tap every item individually and there is a delay in between each item you select. I would love to have a draw to select implementation so you could just draw a line across the items you want to sell and it would select them all.

Anyway, I'd love to see this feature. ^ I'd definitely be for anti-time travelling tactics like what you outlined too.

1) I'd like a toolbelt/backpack just for tools so you can carry all the tools without taking up pocket space or using your letters as storage.

2) Makeup being more then just a Mii Mask. Makeup should be skin color so that people of different ethnicities can have a skin color that more accurately reflects who they are without having to use a Mii mask and not bein able to wear hats/head accessories.

Also, furniture mini-games: a pool game for the pool table, a dart game for the dart board, a ping pong game for the ping pong table, etc.

1) I'd like a toolbelt/backpack just for tools so you can carry all the tools without taking up pocket space or using your letters as storage.

2) Makeup being more then just a Mii Mask. Makeup should be skin color so that people of different ethnicities can have a skin color that more accurately reflects who they are without having to use a Mii mask and not bein able to wear hats/head accessories.

LOVE both these ideas. Especially the skin colour. I'm white but I want to make my boyfriend in the game and he is brown....

Also locking TT would be wikid.

I guess I would like relationships with animals to be more clear-cut. I want an enemy system. Animals treat you the same whether you are mean to them or not, and I would rather have an animal that I hit with a net every day act like I torture them rather than remaining friendly with me.

I'd like that too just for the fact that if an animal is an enemy, they would be the one most likely to move out as opposed to your favorites.

Un-equippable tools indoors
I'm happy with the fact you put them away and can not use them indoors, but I wish I could still access the item should I want to store it. I'm not liking the whole "oh crap I didn't take the tool off I wanted to store, I have to walk outside just to unequip it" thing

Ever played ACGC? I agree with you - it's a downgrade, no longer being able to do that.

[...]
Bug fixes:
Crashes when exiting certain shops (I have never experienced this in 500+ hours gameplay)
[...]

I'm pretty sure there were crashes that didn't only involved exiting from certain shops. All of my 7 crashes I faced from my digital copy so far were always happening before/during the loading screen, no matter where I enter/exit/save. And the SD Cards I used seem to work well outside of ACNL, according the the error messages I've been getting. Again, I'm still uncertain on how often crashes happened on the physical copies...

Oddly, when my wireless switch is turned off, the game seems to crash much less often, at least from what I've experienced so far. Maybe my Internet Connection somehow played a role in most of my freezes? Otherwise, it could be me seeing more loading screens than you do. I should avoid it as often as I can, and see if the crash rate diminish. For the information, I've been playing for more than 200 hours.

I wish I could save while I'm on the island, especially considering that if you're playing with someone who have a spotty Internet disconnects, then everyone are sent back to their town. Imagine losing a few hours worth of gameplay after that disconnection.

I wish I could save while I'm on the island, especially considering that if you're playing with someone who have a spotty Internet disconnects, then everyone are sent back to their town. Imagine losing a few hours worth of gameplay after that disconnection.

This is a good point, at the moment the work-around is to play a quick minigame every 10 minutes or so as this saves.

I'm guessing the problem is that they don't want anything in your inventory at the time, when you leave or play a minigame it will wipe your inventory clean, maybe they thought this was the best way to handle the idea of saving while you have stuff in your inventory on the island, in event of a forced quit and start the game up again. The stuff would be lost anyway

The only things I really want are:

1. The ability to rotate the public works.
2. To be able to move public works without removing and rebuilding them.
3. Similarly, the ability to move a villager's house.

I mean, if you're the mayor, it seems weird you can't do these things.

The only things I really want are:

1. The ability to rotate the public works.
2. To be able to move public works without removing and rebuilding them.
3. Similarly, the ability to move a villager's house.

I mean, if you're the mayor, it seems weird you can't do these things.

I agree on the rotating public works idea. It could easily work the same as furniture right?

One feature I was hoping would be implemented in NL is a separate Tool Inventory. That way I don't have to keep my tools in letters so they don't take up space.

I love all your ideas! They are very simple and seem very possible. Hopefully the Wii U Version will have these.

This may sound like a silly complaint, but bear with me... Some wind instrument furniture objects.

Just take a look at this video:

Look at that wide variety of instruments, now notice that ALL of the families of instruments are represented, EXCEPT for woodwind/brass instruments. Realize that there are like five thousand guitars and related string instruments, realize we have all of the orchestral strings (except for maybe the viola), notice that we now have a wide variety of keyboard instruments.

I'm sorry, but this is just to the point where I just feel a bit insulted and offended. How could we need five different colored guitars, almost the whole orchestral string section, three pianos, an organ, and a harpsichord but not even have ONE single wind instrument?

UNLESS that is Bagpipes below the guitars next to the white piano. But it sounded nothing like bagpipes. Nothing at all. It sounded like some electronic kind of instrument.

I know I haven't convinced anybody that I'm not crazy here, but this family of instruments I feel very passionately about, and to see them given such a huge middle finger as this in this series I can no longer accept. If this is really all of the instruments in this game I feel very mixed on giving them any of my money at this point. It's just insulting.

It's silly... I know... They can't take my instruments away from me IRL. But I hate how unappreciated they are, and this is just unbelievable. All they have to do is create meshes. No animations, and the instruments use MIDI files. It's no work other than creating meshes. =/

Look at that wide variety of instruments, now notice that ALL of the families of instruments are represented, EXCEPT for woodwind/brass instruments. Realize that there are like five thousand guitars and related string instruments, realize we have all of the orchestral strings (except for maybe the viola), notice that we now have a wide variety of keyboard instruments.

I'm sorry, but this is just to the point where I just feel a bit insulted and offended. How could we need five different colored guitars, almost the whole orchestral string section, three pianos, an organ, and a harpsichord but not even have ONE single wind instrument?

UNLESS that is Bagpipes below the guitars next to the white piano. But it sounded nothing like bagpipes. Nothing at all. It sounded like some electronic kind of instrument.

I know I haven't convinced anybody that I'm not crazy here, but this family of instruments I feel very passionately about, and to see them given such a huge middle finger as this in this series I can no longer accept. If this is really all of the instruments in this game I feel very mixed on giving them any of my money at this point. It's just insulting.

It's silly... I know... They can't take my instruments away from me IRL. But I hate how unappreciated they are, and this is just unbelievable. All they have to do is create meshes. No animations, and the instruments use MIDI files. It's no work other than creating meshes. =/

I'm not trying to sound rude, but if the only thing you have to complain about is Nintendo not putting wind instruments in a game then you must have a pretty good life - spend your time complaining about a more serious issue, such as world hunger; seriously, how is not including wind/brass instruments 'offensive and insulting' ?

Obviously, to play a wind instrument, you have to pick it up, hold it to your mouth blah blah blah. Nintendo is lazy, haven't you realised that over the past few years? Obviously they're not going to program a game so people can actually pick up instruments in a house and play them - it's too much effort for them to do..

Sorry if that sounds rude but I just think it's really stupid to complain about something so minor...

I could complain about living in Australia how we get stuck with European holidays, we don't get to celebrate out own Australian holidays - and instead have to celebrate holidays which mean nothing to us - not to mention we have to play the game in the opposite season since we live in the southern hemisphere. But nope. I know Nintendo is lazy and are not going to do this.

And yes that is a bagpipe in the video

I'm not trying to sound rude, but if the only thing you have to complain about is Nintendo not putting wind instruments in a game then you must have a pretty good life - spend your time complaining about a more serious issue, such as world hunger;

Excuse me, I make a complaint about an aspect of a video game on a video game forum, and all of the sudden because I made that complaint it's the only bad thing in my life?

Trust me, I complain about serious issues a lot. But this isn't the time and place for complaining about those.

seriously, how is not including wind/brass instruments 'offensive and insulting' ?

You don't understand. I'm not going to try to explain it to you.

I think it's coupled together with this happening everywhere else. Even The Sims does it. Although in The Sims they actually have to animate them and hire real performers to play them.

Obviously, to play a wind instrument, you have to pick it up, hold it to your mouth blah blah blah. Nintendo is lazy, haven't you realised that over the past few years? Obviously they're not going to program a game so people can actually pick up instruments in a house and play them - it's too much effort for them to do..

Did you misinterpret my post? What I was meaning was that adding instruments in Animal Crossing doesn't even require animation. It only requires making a mesh and using MIDI sounds.

Sorry if that sounds rude but I just think it's really stupid to complain about something so minor...

I noted right off the bat that it would come off as a silly complaint. You didn't have to read beyond that point.

And yes that is a bagpipe in the video

You could have just said that because that means I'm wrong, they have added a wind instrument.

It's not my first choice... Or my second choice... Or even my fiftieth choice, perhaps but it is a wind instrument, and I won't deny it.

Back