White Crescent Moon
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Gourdy
Shadow Kitty Plush
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Moon Ball
Voodoo Doll
I’m curious lol

I think it’s okay, I always prefer chocolate but if yellow cake is there than meh I might have some.

Same here, I think it's okay. I'd pick chocolate, then white cake, then yellow cake out of the basics.

Yellow goes better with some things than others. Chocolate cream pies and custard cakes, for example, definitely benefit from having a yellow base. But generally speaking, I prefer white.

If I’m honest, I’m not really a fan of cake. It’s too sweet and not that filling. I prefer potato chips as a snack. I do prefer vanilla cupcakes over chocolate cupcakes, if that’s telling. I just prefer the taste.

Red velvet cake is my fav is that bad lol… chocolate cupcakes are way better than chocolate cake. I really like golden buttercake, so if we’re talking about that, I would rank yellow cake pretty highly. Cake isn’t my fav tho

If we're just talking about basic yellow cake with basic frosting, then it's alright. Probably my least favorite cake, but still cake. Cake isn't my favorite dessert but I usually won't turn it down.

However, when used in something like Boston Cream Pie, it's perfect. So I guess it depends on the other ingredients it's paired with for me.

Overall, I prefer chocolate and red velvet cake to the standard yellow or white cakes, though.

It’s cake, so I like it, but it’s not my favorite. If we’re doing standard box flavors, chocolate>white=yellow.

I like it! Its definitely not bad and if I am bored and wanna make a box cake then I will gladly choose yellow cake! I think it makes it cuter than plain white cake. I like putting strawberries and blueberries on plain cakes like yellow, it adds to the decoration and its more flavorful! I enjoy it but its not my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. Its really nice!!! 🍰

I love all cake, yellow included. Yellow cake is pretty flexible. We used to make it with the yellow cake box mix with a can of fruit added to the mix. Sometimes peaches, sometimes fruit cocktail, whatever we had. No frosting needed.

Its good...but its the best when its in a tres leches recipe

i prefer red velvet, fudgy chocolate, s’mores, milk & cookies etc cakes over yellow or white ones, but i still think they’re delicious! i especially love yellow cakes when they’re paired with chocolate frosting. 🤤

I don't really have a strong opinion for yellow and white cakes. They're not my favorite cakes, but they are still cake so I'll take 'em when I feel like it. I do kinda dislike chocolate cakes though, they're really sweet and I have a low tolerance for sweet things. At least yellow cakes are pretty mellow in comparison.

I like yellow cake. I don't really have a lot to say about it though. Yellow, marble, chocolate, whatever, it's all good to me. I haven't had white cake in quite some time but I assume I like that too since I have a sweet tooth and at some level cake is cake. My favorite type of cake is red velvet though.

I just want to say that I appreciate all the red velvet love in this thread. For decades I've had to endure a family and a friend circle who not only largely disliked it, but would often behave as though red velvet was a universally reviled cake, manufactured solely as an instrument of hatred and despair. "Red velvet?! Who on earth likes red velvet?!" they would shriek whenever such a dessert would enter the scene through some means or another. And oh how my my cries of protest would fall on deaf ears when I would attempt to educate them. If they could only understand... if they only knew that they were in the presence of such a person they so boldly claim to be nonexistent! Then they'd feel foolish! Then they'd regret their words! Their actions! All the times they showed up to my birthday party without a red velvet cake! They'd regret every minor indiscretion from that day forward!

-removes glasses and wipes tears- I'm sorry... I've just been hurt so much.

If it has chocolate icing, we're good here!
I mean what else would you put on yellow cake? 🧐
For some reason, I remember running into this cake often in the 90s but idk why.

Anywho, yellow cake doughnuts with chocolate icing is great too, so it is kinda the same.

I’m not a big fan of cake, it’s usually too sweet. I do enjoy a yellow cake with chocolate frosting though. White cake is to sweet and chocolate cake is also a bit too sweet for me. Red velvet cake is just chocolate cake but more sugar, so I don’t really enjoy that either.

Back