• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Time Travel before game release date?

Kaeliae

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Can you time travel to before the release date?

Usually, I don't time travel and I would prefer to experience the events on the day it should be (holidays, etc.). Also, I convinced the husband to play, and I know he wants to do those event type things together.

That being said, I do want to play the game so much on the release date (June 9/Sunday) so I was considering dropping the date back a week and catching up. There just so little that can be done on your first day -- you're restricted on fishing or catching bugs or digging up fossils since you only get one tool.

I work full-time and don't get a ton of time during the week to play until my heart's content, but I'd love to be able to get a huge session in on the first day so that when I am limited to a shorter amount of time during the week, I can make better use of it.

I know time traveling is a sensitive issue but I have been searching for information about traveling before the release date and haven't managed to see anything about playing before the release date.

My plan would be to start the game from a week early and then small time traveling until I get caught up.

Thanks in advance!

What if in 2099 you're still alive and you come to play the game again? Does it just stop after 2099? ._.

No, I think it rolls around to the beginning year.

At least, until they start making games that will have dates higher than 2099.

What if in 2099 you're still alive and you come to play the game again? Does it just stop after 2099? ._.

This made me laugh for some reason... It's a totally reasonable yet kind of morbid question. "What if you're still alive..." lol.

This made me laugh for some reason... It's a totally reasonable yet kind of morbid question. "What if you're still alive..." lol.

I seriously hope that I'm alive and of reasonable sanity to be able to play Animal Crossing by the time 2099 rolls around just to see what happens.

I was born in 1993. I'll be 106 if that happens.

Hehe well you never know! xD Scientists may invent something in the future to make you live a few years more. :D Ooo! I just realised, you don't need to wait! Someone can just time travel to 2099 and see what happens... in the game that is! That would be weird if it rolled around. o_O

To find out what happens you could just fast forward it to 2099, Dec 31st 11:58 PM right?

Ah yes, Eloise beat me to it XD

Hehe well you never know! xD Scientists may invent something in the future to make you live a few years more. :D Ooo! I just realised, you don't need to wait! Someone can just time travel to 2099 and see what happens... in the game that is! That would be weird if it rolled around. o_O

Well, yeah, but I intend on legit living to 2099. Or at least to 100.

It's a good thing I like sushi, because that's what I keep hearing is what helps people live longer.

Well, yeah, but I intend on legit living to 2099. Or at least to 100.

It's a good thing I like sushi, because that's what I keep hearing is what helps people live longer.

I would love to live to 100+ too. I've tried sushi once, I didn't like it but I haven't tried the sushi without fish. I have a feeling I would like that as the fish ruined it for me last time.

On topic: Yes! Someone must try that to see what happens. I'd laugh if a message popped up saying: "Are you crazy? Still playing Animal Crossing at this age?! You may need help before your times up, buddy."

I would love to live to 100+ too. I've tried sushi once, I didn't like it but I haven't tried the sushi without fish. I have a feeling I would like that as the fish ruined it for me last time.

On topic: Yes! Someone must try that to see what happens. I'd laugh if a message popped up saying: "Are you crazy? Still playing Animal Crossing at this age?! You may need help before your times up, buddy."

That would bump AC up to E10+ for such dark humor.

I seriously hope that I'm alive and of reasonable sanity to be able to play Animal Crossing by the time 2099 rolls around just to see what happens.

I was born in 1993. I'll be 106 if that happens.

Heh, maybe Nintendo imagined a scenario where some hardxcore gamer would bequeath responsibility of their town to a loved one when they got too old. "You get written out of my will unless you take care of my villagers! And yes, I will know. I have a very dedicated tanuki working for me, so trust me -- I will find out..."

Or they want to thwart time travelers. You know, whatever.

You guys are too funny xD looking at what this thread has become in such a short time, hilarious! Also you aren't alone, I was considering time travel to go back one day before release, just because of the limits and all. Dont think id do any more than that though. I work too so a good long session is waiting for me, I'd like to make the most of it.

I don't think there is a big consequence to TTing in this version in comparison to the others. Not saying I will time-travel or anything.

I feel guilty cause I said I'd never time travel but I did it today for one day so I could use the QR machine.. Went back to today straight after but man I feel so guilty.. Lol

Back