• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Time Travel before game release date?

What if... when the year 2099 rolls around and someone googles Animal Crossing News 2099 and this page comes up???

Or what if an excerpt of this page is placed in a history book about gamers back in the early 2000's?

I might be writing to the future. To my children's children who I have yet to have.

Well.

This escalated philosophically.

Hello future.

I'm hoping that resetti just pops up outside your house and labels you as time travelling scum. That would make for the biggest disappointment of 2099.

I'm pretty sure it'll roll over to 2100, but you'll be unable to time travel another year further into the future. (but you can still change day/month ahead, and naturally roll into 2101.) - I tried this on the limit for AC:pG years back and I'm pretty sure that was the result.

Back to the OP topic. I'm considering doing this myself, whenever I start a new town on any AC game I do that just to get my town to the max amount of villagers. though if I get 2 copies of the game like I intend then I'll only do this for 1 of the towns, and play normally for the other.

Back