• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Tom Nook

TheGremp

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Tomnook-1.jpg

a while back I saw someone do something of this sort for Blathers, thought it was cool, and I tried it out today. I dont know if the other person did this, but as some of you could quickly recognize, this is from a real picture of him.

this took me about 5 hours to make, but I got half way to melting my brain lol

please leave your 2 cents. thanks

:D

theres a style of drawing with GIMP and Photoshop people use where they take a real picture and turn it 2D, you could probably notice I used the outline of his body so I could get the shape of his body right, but everything else is hand-drawn.

the basic process is, each part of him has a layer, on this layer, you draw out something from the real picture, but in only one color, then use the burn dodge and blur tools to get the shading, and keep doing this process until the picture is a weird mix of 2-D 3-D, and looks pretty cool. you can do this with real pictures too and makes it look really cool, my brother did that once, and I probably will try that soon.

Back