• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Too many fruit trees,good or bad?

Aloha

Bird
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Mailbox
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Orange (Fruit)
I OD on trees in my town.But what do you think about having too many trees in your village.Is that good or bad.I'm gonna have a hard time chopping them down without breaking 10-15 axes XD

Good -- make lots of money.
Bad -- takes up space.

Your choice c:

eeeeeeh i only like having my native fruit
so i have like 2000 perfect cherry trees
if you plant them in a row or something maybe along your path (if you have one) it can look real nice

I think that having a forest in one area of your map would be good. I have a small orchard in a corner of my map, and there's a path running through it and it kinda makes that area "part" of the town.

Well, for me I like having a lot of trees because my towns theme is a cute woodsy village. Though having trees everywhere possible might be a little too much.

I have one of every foreign fruit tree in a forest area by my campsite. My native fruit is peaches, so I have a couple of those scattered around town, and then I have perfect peach trees lining paths in the north end of town.

I don't like how the leaves look on the fruit bearings trees since the colours have changed for fall...

I have trees all over in my town but sometimes when I visit dream towns and see nice big open tree-less spaces I think about axing some of mine.

I tend to line them in rows along the edge. They can get messy when clumped all over the place, I like being able to see my town when I'm walking, and check for weeds (and tarantulas) without missing them.

Having a dense forest-type area with a single dirt path running through it, as opposed to having neatly organized rows of trees, might be interesting. Bonus points if you can put the campsite in as well.

My town is a forest. The whole thing.
Majority of my trees are non fruit.
I only have 4 trees of each type of fruit.
Too many fruit trees would be bad because I like shaking my trees.
(that and it is an ocd thing)

My town is like Miss Renee's, it's pretty much a forest all around it. xD Well, with the exception of my park area which is nothing but flowers everywhere. I like using my space as efficiently as possible, I don't think empy grassy areas look good.

Unlike Miss Renee, though, more of my trees are fruit trees than non-fruit. I like that because selling foreign fruits is one of the primary ways I make bells on my game. I'm not as hard-out for bells as I was at the beginning of the game, so now I usually just leave the fruit on them because they look better with their fruit still on the branches.

and I agree that having a forest-type area could look really good. I'd put some sort of natural looking brick or cobblestone path down through it and then probably pull up the path once the ground underneath has been naturally worn down from walking/running on it. ^_^ I really do need to plan out the placement of my trees better, it looks so sloppy right now. I have a few places where I was planning to make orchards, but then you can tell that about halfway through I was like "Nah, nevermind." XD A forest and maybe an orchard of your perfect native fruit trees would look nice. I'd still sprinkle a few here and there around the town because in a real town, you can't contain the trees to just certain areas. New ones are going to sprout up in unexpected areas whether you like it or not. ;)

Last edited:
You'll make a nice amount of bells selling the fruits, but finding things like fossils or dropped items is tough. Maneuvering can also be cumbersome; also, have a few regular trees as they'll drop furnitures.

I love having trees. Well at least now because I need to have orchards to sell fruit. But I like them organized. Not scattered everywhere. It reminds me of the apple orchards near us.

I like having a lot of fruit trees. I use them to line paths and group them with shrubs and bamboo.

I was never a fan of trees. Since the first game onward I had a small amount of trees and liked the space for some reason. Now, in New Leaf I have a lot of trees to keep my town balanced with greenery and projects. I have patches of trees where my areas are cornered and made pathways with them.

Having lots of trees isn't bad per see. I love trees. If you have too many though, you might lose the perfect status.

Having said that, I thought about it for a while and came down to the conclusion that I should still have half of my trees non fruit bearing. Why ? 'Cause when winter comes around, I want decorated and lighted up trees. And this won't happen on fruit trees.

I put my orchards up in one corner and plant a few lamps and benches making it less likely that houses will be planted on em

My town is littered with fruit trees. At first I thought it would look more.... natural that way, but now I want space for fountains and other public work projects and such, so I'm now attempting to make a couple orchards and an orange and lemon grove. It's slow going, but once I've successfully grown all of the trees for said orchards and grove, I'll chop down the others around town.

My town is so sloppy, tho. There's a reason I haven't shared my dream address yet. -___-

I once planted at least 170 fruit trees in my town XD

thee are good and bad things to this.

Good is lots of money and always having a fruit for a villager request, the bad is it takes a ton of room, and lots of broken axes unless you have a gold axe...

I personally find towns with a ton of trees a little claustrophobic. I hate it when I'm visiting dream towns and I have to force my way through to get anywhere. That and I just don't really like the way it looks, personal preference, I guess!

Back