• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Too many fruit trees,good or bad?

I never plant more than three foreign fruit trees, no mater what the fruit is because I worry about the number of trees of in my town. At the moment, I'd have to say a moderate number of trees is best for my town, anyway. I plan on accomplishing that moderate number of trees by using perfect fruit trees and flowers to line paths, while using foreign fruit trees and non-fruit bearing trees to create parks and sitting areas. Sadly, though, the trees in my town quite disorganized right now because I don't have all the PwPs put up yet, so I've basically been putting them anywhere until everything is in place in order to earn Bells.

I'm working on a heavily forested area, like many others while having the occasional tree elsewhere. Don't forget too that some bugs (like the giant dragonfly) only spawn in areas with none or few trees.

Having many fruit trees is good, cuz it provides more bells. Of course the possibility of getting perfect fruit so you can sacrifice existing fruit trees and plant perfect varieties ^^ Hence more bells :D

I guess the bad part is if planted the fruit trees without any alignment, they can look cluttered ^^;;

I recently restarted my town. The town I had before had too many trees I think, and I really hated the layout. Its all personal preference, I think many trees can look good if done in a certain way, for example like the forest area many have spoken about here.

I used to have a few forests of fruit trees. But then I realized I wasn't picking and selling them that often so they are all gone and I just have a small forest of perfect fruit trees, so I can sell it in my other town if I am in need of bells quick.

Given the game's Japanese name Dobutsu no Mori. Mori is literally forest. I can't help, but create a forest in my town with trees a plenty. It isn't bad, but if you can't even walk/run on your path without bumping into a tree, then I think that might be too dense of a forest to live in and one more for camping. xD

If you use a path, it helped me a lot to lay out the path first then work out the trees. Personally I prefer lots of trees. I used them to line parts of my path and really create a forested look. I mostly have non-fruit-bearing trees, pine trees, and perfect apple trees, then just a few of all the others incase a villager wants them.

If you can barely walk, it's probably time to chop some trees, but other than that it's really up to your own preference on what you like. If you want LOTS of trees I'd recommend making paths. They'll help you organize a little more and make it easier to get around.

I like lots of trees, but I organize them in a way it doesn`t look to sloppy. I want to further outline the village with help of hibiscus. I`m thinking about redoing my paths with some sort of woodsnips path. I never sell the fruit or use it much, I just like the look of it.

The only downside I see to having lots of trees, is that its harder to catch certain bug types in villager requests. Then again, you can get most also on the island, so its ok.

i used to have trees everywhere it was a mess omfg

now i have like, rows in places

...then I have perfect peach trees lining paths in the north end of town.

I did that with my perfect apples. It looks great along the railroad tracks! I have fruit trees scattered here and there but not too many. I try to keep fruit trees, fruitless trees, and cedars about even. They're almost all lining paths too.

Back