Rad Balloon
Sky Clouds Scenery
Perfect Apple
Perfect Orange
Mango
Lemon
Coconut
I figured this would pair nicely with the top 5 tv shows thread

My top four are Moonlight, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Ponyo, and The Handmaiden. I'm not sure what my fifth would be... I think right now it'd be either The Boy and the Heron or Everything Everywhere All at Once or maybe Stand By Me

Pulp Fiction
Unforgiven
The Blues Brothers
Serenity
Saving Private Ryan

I look forward to seeing list after list with nobody discussing the actual films.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I just wish we actually discussed anything around here.

jason borune: the bourne identity
jason borune: the bourne supremacy
jason borune: the bourne ultimatum
jason bourne (2016)
dead poet’s society

ok so i really like the jason bourne movies. i’m not really sure if dead poet’s really fits into my top five but it’s a filler in my list for now and i like it’s aesthetics, it’s also quite nostalgic to me because i remember our teacher showing our class this movie in 10th grade. all the jason bourne movies are undoubtedly my favorites just because i enjoy the aesthetics and i love the 2000’s early modern tech feel they give.

I havent seen a movie for a while but I like Wong Kar wai movies, I don't know if they are in my top 5 but I like the mood, I definitely need to watch new movies.

Happy Together
Fallen Angels
In the Mood For Love
Chungking Express
Nightmare Before Christmas

1. The Pursuit of Happyness - Saw the movie when I was a kid, but it still somehow resonated with me. The plot involving the dangers of becoming homeless was really interesting and also sad, and it's about the only movie that ever made me cry aside from a few others. Will Smith's acting was also superb here.

2. Aliens - Truly the best in the series in my opinion, the plot involving the group being dwindled down and chased by throes of aliens while trying to fend them off was really thrilling (and scary) to watch. The ending was also pretty well done from what I remember as well.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - As a huge GOTG fan, I really, REALLY enjoyed this movie. It had laughs, action scenes, dark moments, inspiring moments, you name it. It was all of that and a bag of chips. As the last entry in the series, I also believe it ended it really well as well with "Star-Lord" deciding to leave the team and figure things out in his life.

4. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - I have to say I had NEVER seen the LOTR trilogy until recently, and because of this never really knew how it fully ended. I did really love the ending for this movie, however, and I think the resolution was a good one. Not to mention the soundtrack and action scenes in the movie were great as well.

5. Jurassic Park - Truly an amazing film for its time, its use of special effects and scenery was one of a kind. The plot was engaging, the dinosaurs felt real, and the characters felt relatable as to how we would act if we were thrust into that situation. I really, really enjoyed this movie and am sad that the Jurassic World movies failed to live up to it in comparison.

That's my list for "non-anime" movies. I could make an entire new list for anime movies with my thoughts as well, but I'll save that for another time.

Top five is tough! I definitely have way more movies I really like, but these are the ones that come to mind currently:

1. A Knight’s Tale
2. Kung Fu Hustle
3. V for Vendetta
4. The Joy Luck Club
5. Basically all Studio Ghibli movies

I havent seen a movie for a while but I like Wong Kar wai movies, I don't know if they are in my top 5 but I like the mood, I definitely need to watch new movies.

Happy Together
Fallen Angels
In the Mood For Love
Chungking Express
Nightmare Before Christmas
!! somehow I had forgotten about my love of Wong Kar-wai, that's a great list. idk if you've seen Moonlight but if not I would definitely recommend it, I think it has a kinda similar vibe

1. Kal Ho Naa Ho
2. High School Musical 3
3. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
4. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
5. Enchanted

All I watch is Bollywood and Disney if you can't tell :p

I'm not sure if I even have a Top 5 honestly.... I really am just here watching the same three movies on loop it feels like.

1.) Coraline!!! I absolutely adore Coraline which is kind of wild. I remember my mom showing it to me when I was a kid and I'm convinced she either didn't watch the trailer or was trying to give me nightmares. I vividly remember her setting me up in her room, turning out all the lights, and leaving. I was 10 when it came out I think?? And an absolute wimp about horror movies but something just clicked. I asked to watch it all the time after that and it's been a comfort movie ever since!!

2.) Ponyo ponyo ponyo!! Lil fishy in the sea. Such a cute movie and I associate it with my darling @Saylor which makes it all the better. The movie really tugs on my heart strings especially as someone who works with young kids. Sasuke and Ponyo are such babies!! They are so cute. ~You're not busy, you're 5!~ hehehe.

3.) Tangled is another big comfort movie for me. I find it to be really cozy with the colour palette (warm and sunshiney) and I really like the storyline, characters, and songs. I find that it's a Disney movie that doesn't have a really Sad moment to it. I also love The Lion King but watching Mufasa die still makes me really sad so I'd opt to put on Tangled if I'm not feeling so great.

I think this is where I'll stop my list. I'm sure I'd I tried I could tack on another few movies but these are the three that instantly came to mind. I really haven't watched That Many Movies in the grand scheme of things either but I'm hoping to change that!!

Top 5 Movies is so much more difficult for me than Top 5 Shows/Series, I'm not as avid about movies 😅 I guess I would pick:

- Howl's Moving Castle (could substitute this with most Ghibli movies though)
- Ratatouille (or Up)
- The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy
- The Room maybe (the one with Tommy Wiseau)
- Harry Potter and the Stone (the completely remade, low-budget HP movie that's on youtube and is hilarious)

-Kung Fu Hustle
-Big Trouble in Little China -My coworkers think this is an adult film, going by the title. It isn't.
-Kubo and the Two Strings
-The Road to El Dorado
-The Last Unicorn

bonus-Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Back