• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town Layouts?

Pudge

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
With the NA release date coming closer and closer, I've been thinking about whether or not I will reset my town until I get a town layout that I like. It seems like a smart choice considering you wouldn't want to be stuck with a town layout that you hate, but what makes a good town layout?

Has there been any sort of guides yet to show the different types of town layouts? I know there's guides like that for CF, and I'm aware that the town layouts may be different in the NA version, who knows?

I'm sure they are random to an extent but "random" has it's limits when generated through a program.
It's totally possible to make a guide for it.

I don't know if you know this, but on the train to your town you are presented with three maps. You choose the one you like best. I don't know about you, but with three to choose from I'll probably find one I really like.

I don't know if you know this, but on the train to your town you are presented with three maps. You choose the one you like best. I don't know about you, but with three to choose from I'll probably find one I really like.

Can you go back to one you like? Like, if you find a map you think is good but you still want to look at the others, can you go back to that map later?

Well, I know in CF, there are different types of hills, rivers, waterfalls, etc. Some more rare than others. That's why I was wondering about the different types of layouts like that for NL.

The only problem with the new maps (though they are a huge improvement) is that there are only three to choose from unless you restart. Quite a few people are willing to restart until they get their perfect map choice.

But it's good you're not limited to just the 3 choices.

The only problem with the new maps (though they are a huge improvement) is that there are only three to choose from unless you restart. Quite a few people are willing to restart until they get their perfect map choice.

But it's good you're not limited to just the 3 choices.

it's 4 map choices actually
then you can reset and get 4 different choices

it's 4 map choices actually
then you can reset and get 4 different choices

I apologize for that. I don't know where I got the 3 from since the maps do that whole, leftside/rightside thing so of course it'd be an even number.

Probably not. I don't ask for much in a layout, I prefer to adapt to it, so the four options are plenty for me!

I will not be resetting for a town layout. I don't have plants to reset for anything, really. I'll pick my favorite layout from what they give me and roll with that!

Their are five maps to choose from!! :[)
and you can always still reset! nearly unlimited!
:[)

I'm not hard to please with town layouts, but I would like one similar to that of my original WW town. The river split the town in half, so it was like it had a top and a bottom part like the other games do. Hopper refused to go across the river for some reason.

I really hope for a little island in my town. I was fortunate enough to get one on GC and we. I always loved it!

Their are five maps to choose from!! :[)
and you can always still reset! nearly unlimited!
:[)

I'm not quite sure where you're getting five from...
There are four, the first one that Rover shows, and then the additional 3 others that he shows also. :confused:

i will reset over and over again till i have the perfect layout AND punchy. i refuse to have an animal crossing town without my punchy!! i've had him in every animal crossing so far.

Back