• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Town Projects Payment

DashS

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
How do guys handle the cost for them.

Do wait for your villagers to chip in day by day, pay it all off yourself, or do you do something else?

I would be amazed if my villagers ever payed for anything! I usually pay it in full on the day. (I go on a massive shark hunt to cover the costs).

Sometime they might chip in, but it's always a very low value. You have to pay most of it (if not all).

Edit: oh, and I go beetle hunting after 5PM. I find it faster than shark hunting, but maybe it's just me. :)

Right now I'm saving up for the Dream Suit and I just earn money any way I can, and if the total amount of bells I have goes over 90,000, I donate everything that goes above that amount. :p

I just pay in full right away. I usually can get about 600k in two hours at night ( beetles + rich town ) so projects are not that expensive. Occasionally my neighbors will donate like 100 bells. xD

I start the project in the morning and have it paid off myself before the next day. I let a project stay in construction mode for a full 24 hours once and when I went back I found my villagers hadn't chipped in at all, so for me it's much more preferred to do it myself. I'd be more willing to wait for villagers to chip in if I could have several projects building at once.

I wish villagers chipped in more than they do. It seems really pointless for them to even put in those 200 or so bells when it means nothing in comparison to the total cost :/

I always just pay in full right away. I waited for a day once because I was low on bells and 10 villagers managed to chip in 50 bells for a bridge.

I usually pay it off in full the very moment I place the project

I make 800k+ a day getting beetles

Usually I have it paid off in one full day. If not, it's paid by morning along with my home loan for one character. (I have a second, third soon.)

My villagers have chipped in $1,000 bells total, out of all the town projects I've done. It seems like the villagers I talk to the most, will chip in more often...but, it's still nowhere near enough to pay off a project.

I pay it in full or ASAP with beetles from the island. I never get many sharks.. Hardly ever spawn.

I pay it in full or ASAP with beetles from the island. I never get many sharks.. Hardly ever spawn.

Same! Also I just found that beetles go for a lot more in my opinion and so much easier to get. Only downside for me is waiting until night since I don't time travel. xD

I pay for my public works as soon as I take them, usually. The neighbors aren't really known to be helpful. xD;

Back