• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town size?

Not when the 10 or so New Leaf has can move in anywhere they please.... like in the Tourism Trailer #3, a villager moved right in front of the town hall. :|

As for the size of the town itself, I like it, even though it may be smaller than previous games.
Counting acres was a pain for me in Wild World & City Folk.

I totally watched that again and you are definitely right. Imagine if two moved there XD

I totally watched that again and you are definitely right. Imagine if two moved there XD

I plan on nipping that issue in the bud by putting either the fountain, or if I can get it, the floral clock, and put it in front of my town hall, or at the very least use a player house to temporarily take up the space.

I'm going to have to test this, Wild World seems to have more land than New Leaf.

I'll get on the game and dig a hole going across the word Horizontal and vertical for each game. I was never sad about the Wild World map size. However, I feel very sad at the fact that my New Leaf map seems cramped and small

Well, the land in ACWW is technically less wider than ACNL. The former have 4x4 acres, while the latter have 5x4 acres. So, the ACNL town is actually bigger than the ACWW one.

Yes but the island / main street / tours ect all have a transition to them. I would not count the City in city folk, so I'm not counting these for New Leaf. Just the area for villagers.

If you could swim to the Island from your beach I'd count it.

Yes but the island / main street / tours ect all have a transition to them. I would not count the City in city folk, so I'm not counting these for New Leaf. Just the area for villagers.

If you could swim to the Island from your beach I'd count it.

Not sure how I feel with you roping the City Folk's "City" area with New Leaf's Island, the "City" was rather lackluster....

Most of the time I barely spent even 20 minutes there, then I'd be gone, with little to show for it, maybe a fake painting (I had horrible luck with Redd) and that was it.

With New Leaf, you can cut/plant trees & bushes on the island, fish, catch bugs, go diving, and play mini-games.... There's incentive to stay for longer periods of time.

True it's not a part of the town, but throwing it in the same basket with the "City" just feels wrong.
Sorry for being ranty... :(

Not sure how I feel with you roping the City Folk's "City" area with New Leaf's Island, the "City" was rather lackluster....

Most of the time I barely spent even 20 minutes there, then I'd be gone, with little to show for it, maybe a fake painting (I had horrible luck with Redd) and that was it.

With New Leaf, you can cut/plant trees & bushes on the island, fish, catch bugs, go diving, and play mini-games.... There's incentive to stay for longer periods of time.

True it's not a part of the town, but throwing it in the same basket with the "City" just feels wrong.
Sorry for being ranty... :(

I'm fairly sure it's meant only in the sense that you do not stay in the main area of your town to get to it. They're both a journey (bus/boat) away from your village, that's the only comparison I saw in that sentence

Yeah, I'm counting only the area that your villagers occupy that require no transition from your house. I'm not counting the extra half acre of ocean around town either, which included will make the about same area as CF's town. But if you wish to include the island you are practically only adding a bonus 2 acres and therefore have 22 square acres as opposed to City Folk's 25.

I do appreciate that far more time will be spent at the island (and the new 'city' for that matter), but from what I've seen it doesn't feel like it's part of the town.

Back