• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Toy Day gift exchange - what are you giving your residents?

Haven't even thought about it 😅

Last year I got everyone toys... but it looks like the gifts don't need to be toys? If so, I think I'll cook some homemade gifts for everyone ☺ Easy and adorable!

I went to that website that helps pick gifts for villagers that match their favourite colour and style and bought everyone a cozy sweater that they’ll like.

I have been collecting gyroids and customising them to fit in the interior of their houses. all my villagers got a toy day present this year🎄

I got an outfit for each of them. I made festive paper and will put everything in my pockets and wrap things just before I give them, so I don't mix things up.

Last edited:
Well I did the gift exchange with my villagers and yeah they reacted just as I suspected. They will always be so overjoyed when they git a gift. Even if you give them like stacked fruit they still act as if its the "best gift ever" I mean at least I don't have to worry about their homes getting messed up since last year I gave them actual toy gifts and they actually put them in their home.

So, I ended up making them all veggie sandwiches. The dialog gave me a chuckle with that. Apparently Frobert has been going back and forth all year about buy a veggie sandwich... even though I see them all eating them frequently. Maybe he doesn't make them well..
In a future animal crossing game, I hope the villagers acknowledge the difference between being gifted a food item vs a non food item.
Also I don't know what all the food recipes are in the game yet, but I hope there are cookies beyond the Brewster Cookie. Hopefully I unlock more soon.

Leopold, my Smug with a school-room house, got a projection screen
Marty, my Lazy, got an ant farm
Velma, my Snooty who has a library/music room house, got a book.
Moose, my Jock, got a throwback mitt chair
Gruff, one of my Crankies, got a python-print jacket to go with his 70s vibe
Cherry my Sisterly got a Japanese Painting Shoji divider to match her black and red coloring
Boris, my other Cranky, got a samurai shirt
Bunnie I just gave an accessories stand
Zoe, my Normal, already has an extremely full house by default so I just gave her a peach pie to put on her table

The gift exchange was a success! My mom wanted to cook something for each one and I ended up giving:

Boots - Wooden Box with the fruits label
Renée - Potted starter plants, the pink flower variant
Melba - Scrapbook with sunflower sticker
Bianca - Frozen mini snowperson
Zucker - Pumpkin pound cake
Chadder - Silver Cool chair with black seat
Antonio - White swan variant of the Inflatable bird ring
Angus - Yunomi teacup, the plum blossoms variant
Mathilda - Dress-up doll, red-haired with the black dress
Julia - White afternoon-tea set

I love the dialogue related to this part of the event:

GiftExchange3.jpg
GiftExchange4.jpg
GiftExchange5.jpg
GiftExchange6.jpg

Since I have done the exchange both times, I do wonder what kind of dialogue happens if you miss half of this event. All of these examples rely on you actually completing Toy Day, so it's obvious I'm missing some conversations.

Hope you all had a happy Toy Day.

Back