• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Turnips - Table Glitch? New turnip mechanics? Getting bells? Discuss!

Yellowfin

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Anyone else getting excited for New Leaf yet??

Back in Animal Crossing: Wild World, turnips played a huge roll in my ability to collect over 20 million bells. I did the usual, buy low, sell high - but there was a "glitch". If you put the turnips on the tables in your house, they would never spoil. You could go weeks on end waiting for the spike to be in the 700s or 800s and cash out, literally making millions.

Does anyone know if there are any new mechanics to turnips this time around? Will the table "glitch" return? Are there still two different prices per day? Are there any better alternatives to making more bells than the turnips? Will making your town "rich" increase the bell price? How do you plan on making the most bells?

Discuss!

YFIN

No discussion needed. We have answered all your questions here long long ago. Here they are.

- 4 price patterns. random chance on which pattern to pop up. (not really, since there's a slight formula to it. but mostly random.)
- No glitch whatsoever. Alongside that, no red turnips.
- 2 prices per day -- morning and after 12pm.
- you can catch beetles at night on the island. 30min for 300k if you're persistent.
- Rich town does not affect turnips EVER.
- Most people chose beetles. I chose turnips and I have made over 100mil in 2 months easily. I'm quite good at turnips. :)

I'm not sure if I wanna play the stalk market. Might ruin the game for me if I make too much? Idk

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not sure if I wanna play the stalk market. Might ruin the game for me if I make too much? Idk

No discussion needed. We have answered all your questions here long long ago. Here they are.

- 4 price patterns. random chance on which pattern to pop up. (not really, since there's a slight formula to it. but mostly random.)
- No glitch whatsoever. Alongside that, no red turnips.
- 2 prices per day -- morning and after 12pm.
- you can catch beetles at night on the island. 30min for 300k if you're persistent.
- Rich town does not affect turnips EVER.
- Most people chose beetles. I chose turnips and I have made over 100mil in 2 months easily. I'm quite good at turnips. :)

Oh, wow, didn't know that there weren't any red turnips in new leaf. That's a bit of a blow.. I loved watering them each day and watching them grow :(

Those beetles are ridiculous. I'll be a millionare as soon as I get a net.
No need to play around with the stalk market when there are gigantic, ridiculously valuble bugs literally waiting to be caught

(Although the stalk market is nice if you just want to play the game at a steady pace...)

I think I'll do both the Stalk Market and the beetle catching on the island. No such thing as "too much money" in this game!

The fish better be worth something! I've never been good at bug catching for some reason

No red turnips. Bummer, good source of 15k. Guess they went extinct.

May not play the stalk market, ill just use the rock and the island.

Its good new leaf is coming in summer. Then, ill get island bugs and local bugs.

Why not do both? That's my plan. :) Beetles/sharks on the island, and then the stalk market. Island money-making will be a priority, though, since it's more reliable.

I'm playing the Stalk Market for the first time with an Animal Crossing group I'm in, that keeps an eye on turnip prices. Also lots of island going for bugs and fish.

I've never played the stall market seriously before but I want to try, it just might take me a bit to get the hang of it. When does Joan sell them? Isn't it sometime on Sunday?

I really really want to do the stalk market! Especially since theres a whole forum of people here that might be willing to share prices with me every day. c: I plan on sharing mine.

I'll of course do island stuff too.

Yep, and if you have the Nintendo Dream Japanese guide, you can see the 4 paths that the turnip prices take, and the chart is specific as far as dips and rises in the price so, with a little work, you can predict the prices changes pretty accurately.

Hmm i never really did the stalk market thing,
How does it work.
it it kinda like a hit and miss type of thing ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm playing the Stalk Market for the first time with an Animal Crossing group I'm in, that keeps an eye on turnip prices. Also lots of island going for bugs and fish.

What group are you in ?

This will also be my first time aswell :O

Yep, and if you have the Nintendo Dream Japanese guide, you can see the 4 paths that the turnip prices take, and the chart is specific as far as dips and rises in the price so, with a little work, you can predict the prices changes pretty accurately.

Where do I find this guide?

If you have the guide, can you give us a pic of that part? I'm interested to see!

Back