• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Two AC games - one 3DS?

Flyffel

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Crown Trophy
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
I just bought a second copy of ACNL (both are physical), but I have only one 3DS. Can I play both games on one 3DS without any problems?

- What happens to my FC?
Can my 3DS friends just access both games with one FC?
- What happens to StreetPass?
I heard that the game you boot first gets the StreetPass visits. Is this true? Which of my games will be streetpassed to strangers? The one I booted last?

Does it cause problems when I sometimes play the second copy on my friend's 3DS? Like can I visit my other town that way?

My question is pretty much, does it cause any problems to play two AC games on one 3DS? Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
You'll be able to play both without any problems. To answer your other question, they both use the same FC. I have a second ds and sometimes i will put my extra copy in the 3ds and ive never had any problems with the game or the FC or anything.

I'm thinking of getting myself a physical copy to go with my digital one, which I heard works.. But even though it pretty much doesn't happen to me.. StreetPass hits go to BOTH your games, not just one :)

- What happens to my FC?
Can my 3DS friends just access both games with one FC?

yes, the FC is tied to your DS, any copy you play in your DS (even a friend's) will use your FC with no problem.

- What happens to StreetPass?
I heard that the game you boot first gets the StreetPass visits. Is this true? Which of my games will be streetpassed to strangers? The one I booted last?
Yes and yes. A streetpass or spotpass will be available to any copy, but once it's been picked up in a copy, no other copy gets that particular streetpass (or spotpass). I have a digital copy and a cartridge and I've spotpassed and streetpassed many times and that's how it's always worked.
Same for streetpassing out, whichever copy saves last is the one that streetpasses out. i watch this one carefully because I pick up houses in my 2nd copy, but I prefer to streetpass my 1st mayor out.

Does it cause problems when I sometimes play the second copy on my friend's 3DS? Like can I visit my other town that way?
not at all -- this is how I move things back and forth. Cartridges save their data on the cartridge, so you can load those towns up on any DS.

Back