• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Typo?

Pelon1071

I like cheese!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Bell Bag Badge
Is it a typo... Or is it my game?
typo.jpg

Is that supposed to say "xxxx cannot currently accept any more visitors at this time". I can't really see it.

Omg, Nintendo you had like half a year to translate the game and you go and fudge things up like this...
images

I think it's just because it's a Japanese Town, so the the characters are a bit longer, thus cutting out the last bits of the English dialog.

I don't see the problem with this one, Tom has always said 'Thanks much'.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't see the problem with this one, Tom has always said 'Thanks much'.
he has? I guess I just don't remember then

Has anyone noticed that a bunch of the text in textures isn't translated? For one, the text on the "mayor" nameplate.

Nintendo's localization team is amazing - lead by Nathan Bihldorff (if I spelled that right). In the original Animal Crossing, there was a single typo, and I don't remember any at all in Wild World or City Folk. I'd expect the same enar flawlessness here. If you're going to a Japanese town, you can't expect it to be perfect - that wasn't their job.

Also "Thanks much" is commonly said by many people.

Has anyone noticed that a bunch of the text in textures isn't translated? For one, the text on the "mayor" nameplate.

That isn't Japanese, it's just generic lettering that they use for all version worldwide. It saves time, money, and effort rather than re-texturing everything for each language.

Nintendo's localization team is amazing - lead by Nathan Bihldorff (if I spelled that right). In the original Animal Crossing, there was a single typo, and I don't remember any at all in Wild World or City Folk. I'd expect the same enar flawlessness here. If you're going to a Japanese town, you can't expect it to be perfect - that wasn't their job.

Also "Thanks much" is commonly said by many people.

There was definitely one in City Folk. When I played the mini game of football on whatever event it was, Filbert shouted GOOOOOOOAAAAAAT at me lol

I was on the Island and I bought a yellow hibiscus shrub seed but it was called "y.hibiscus-start" ._. I planted them and it was fine (as far as I know) but I was afraid something would glitch up! :p

Any other TTers had that problem?? I can post a screenshot later :O

I was on the Island and I bought a yellow hibiscus shrub seed but it was called "y.hibiscus-start" ._. I planted them and it was fine (as far as I know) but I was afraid something would glitch up! :p

It is called that in the Prima guide as well. There is a red-hibiscus start also, so I guess they had to shorten yellow to y. because of some character limit.

Back