• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

UK Midnight Release?

Lew

Awesome User
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Anywhere in the UK that will have the game out available to buy at midnight, and will be open?

Game shops generally only do this for large titles, like Call of Duty, not small games like New Leaf.
I'm thinking Asda 24 Hour may have it out. Anyone in the UK got any other thoughts?

I'll just order it from Amazon and hope it comes a few days earlier :p

no you have to pay for special guaranteed delivery. i didn't bother for Luigi, i got that on super saver and came 2 days after release date

I think GAME do it for the same price, with free delivery, and they've always delivered it on release day for me.

If you're lucky a big game released on the same day could mean picking up Animal Crossing at midnight. However, the only game I can see being released on the same day so far is "The Last Of Us", and I don't think it will warrant a midnight launch.

Maybe places like Tesco you would have to ask someone to check if they had it in stock after midnight.

I'll either go with pre-ordering off Amazon or GAME. Supermarkets sometimes don't have the game for ages.

I'm thinking most stores will have it a few days before release. If you asked them to check it, and the staff wasn't aware of the release date, they'd most probably hand you over a copy to buy.

I could try that... :p

Could you not take your treck a little further to GAME? Or, because I know which branch you're talking about, could you not go down the road to the shopping park (ASDA and Argos are there).

Even if my local shops did have a midnight release (which won't be happening), I still wouldn't go. I'll be getting the digital version of New Leaf, as I know I'll be playing it for a long time to come.

I'd agree with a 24 hour supermarket being an option. I preordered off shopto.net and if I don't have the game by release day (they're shipping on the Wednesday) then I get ?5 refunded. They do next day delivery for free as standard (if you order before 5pm you get it next day, I've never not had one arrive next day, even to Aberdeen) and are quite often cheaper than Amazon these days, worth a looky I guess! So I'm likely to get it on the Thursday, but no biggie if I have to wait until release day haha

Back