• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Using Both Versions

spamurai

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
Hello :)

Just checking there's no issues/conflicts when using both a downloaded version and the cart version of Animal Crossing simultaneously on one 3DS?

Does anyone actually do this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I use digital and physical on one 3ds. Works just fine. Only thing that affects it is the TT affects both games at once(if physical is inserted in console as well) whether you want it to or not. T

The PHYSICAL COPY IS SAVED ON THE CARTRIDGE.
The DIGITAL COPY IS SAVED ON THE SD CARD.

So I'm pretty sure you'll be safe. However, I would like a confirmation as well :)

found a good answer > here <

..."As the 3DS does not save cartidge save data to the system or SD card, there will be no clash between the two instances. They will be treated as separate games, with one file being on your download instance, and one on your cartridge.

StreetPass and SpotPass hits should go to both copies. Nintendo has fairly recently made available a tool to move save data from cartridge to download versions (albeit not the other way), so if you'd ever feel the need to do that it's completely possible...
"

Yep, I have no both, no issues

- - - Post Merge - - -

I use digital and physical on one 3ds. Works just fine. Only thing that affects it is the TT affects both games at once(if physical is inserted in console as well) whether you want it to or not. T

How would that affect both? Just change the date on the individual games, not the ds

Because the game counts the 3DS internal clock as "that time has passed normally" than changing it in the game itself where it can tell you time traveled.

Last edited:
Changing that games time from the in game menu causes: bad luck, more tripping, more pitfalls, less visits from Special visitors, Katie missing, Phineas missing, and more weeds.

changing the games time from the 3DS internal clock bypasses most of those because the game (it can tell when you TT, you can read it up, even joan tells you when you buy turnips) "reads" that time change via the internal 3ds clock as if the game has been played on the TT'd days

Yep, I have no both, no issues

How would that affect both? Just change the date on the individual games, not the ds

Thanks, this is helpful :)
I've been too scared to save incase it messes up the other file xD

Also, I agree, I would only ever advise changing the 3DS Clock, not using the in-game option xD

Changing that games time from the in game menu causes: bad luck, more tripping, more pitfalls, less visits from Special visitors, Katie missing, Phineas missing, and more weeds.

changing the games time from the 3DS internal clock bypasses most of those because the game (it can tell when you TT, you can read it up, even joan tells you when you buy turnips) "reads" that time change via the internal 3ds clock as if the game has been played on the TT'd days

I'm not sure of this...

I think the game compares the time is was last logged off, to the time it is next logged in and then changes the game accordingly. It doesn't know if 3 hours have passed or 3 weeks; it adjusts accordingly with the amount of weeds/features etc whether the internal clock was changed or not.

However, doing it via the in-game clock, it is able to store the time changes, in turn, being aware of time travelling...

That's how I'd program the game anyway lol.

I actually posted that because its exactly what happened to me when I TT via the in game clock instead of the 3DS internal clock

Oh I wasn't trying to argue or dispute what you said, I was just clarifying in case any lurker a reading didnt understand xD

But yeah, using both physical and digital on the same console doesn't affect anything.
Same FC, same everything. It's actually easier for me to use both on one console. Only negative thing is because of trades, my roster gets full faster lol other than that, only other cons I see are you can't visit yourself :(

Oh I wasn't trying to argue or dispute what you said, I was just clarifying in case any lurker a reading didnt understand xD

But yeah, using both physical and digital on the same console doesn't affect anything.
Same FC, same everything. It's actually easier for me to use both on one console. Only negative thing is because of trades, my roster gets full faster lol other than that, only other cons I see are you can't visit yourself :(

Ah xD

Yeh, I wish you could leave the game on in the background and visit the other town, would be sweet xD

Yes it would! :0

Did you get a second game for a second town or are you using that to obtain villagers ? :0

Yes it would! :0

Did you get a second game for a second town or are you using that to obtain villagers ? :0

I got the digital version through the Nintendo Promotion today...

I think I will use it as a second town for storage and to get dream animals maybe... not sure yet xD

Ooh lucky!! :D

It's better than paying millions of bells lol

Back