• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villagers visiting you out of the blue

AnimalCrossngAddict

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Many times during game play I will have a villager just drop in for a visit.

The first few times it happened I was deep in thought thinking about how to arrange the furniture and the knock at the door scared me.

Earlier this evening Bob visited and gave me a piece of candy. This was the first time a villager visited me unannounced and gave me a gift.

Is it common for villagers to come by unannounced and then to give a present while they are visiting you?

Patty stops by unannounced all the time. A few of my other villagers do it too, (especially Chrissy), but Patty is the worst. Startles me sometimes as well.

Typically I'll chat long enough for them to give me the gift, then take a seat. This seems to make them decide to leave. Of course, I could just exit my house as well, but then I'd have to go back in lol.

Lopez always drops by unannounced, but hey, at least I get free stuff out of it. It's just a sign that you and that villager have a high friendship level.

Goldie just dropped by out of the blue a few moments ago and didn't give me anything. Perhaps the giving of a gift is random, just as the visits are?

Last edited:
I get random visits all the time, with gifts every time. I have to talk to them a bit though.

Kid Cat came in first and has come in a lot since, I've had Freckles a few times and Monty twice. It's cute :)

yes it is common, especially if you have a high friendship level with them.

Yes, they stop by from time to time. Villagers you have High Friendship will usually visit unexpected.

For me Twiggy & Sprinkle constantly stop by.

BTSkx1xCUAAHLxe.jpg

I got my first visitor last night. Interestingly, it wasn't one of my original villagers (although two of those have moved out already anyway) but Graham instead.

I have had a few villagers do "surprise" visits most of them haven't been that bad. I had a few minutes to spare so I started to play just to get rid of items and clear up some space (it was sometime after 3am) then of all of sudden i hear someone saying "are you home"? I was a bit irritated because i was really concentrating on making some space and getting rid of items. Luckily the visit was very short a was given a " milk cart/case" then he left.

Back