My Melody Easter Egg
Pavé
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Green Christmas Stocking
Summer Shell
Cake
Hi! I have Vivian and Blanche but I would like to replace one of them with a cranky villager since I don't have this personality type on my island.

I'm more attached to my other villagers so I'd rather replace either Vivian or Blanche, but I'm having trouble deciding which one to replace. They are both snooty and I like their designs equally.

If you guys had to choose, which one would you get rid of and which one would you keep?

I would keep Vivian because I prefer her. I'm not the biggest fan of snooty villagers, but Vivian is one of the few that I actually like.

Well I don't think there is a cranky ostrich, but there are cranky wolves. Dobie or Fang look like they could be related to Vivian so you could always move her out and add one of them like they're taking over her house or something. There are a good bit of cranky wolves to choose from. Or keep Vivian and move out the ostrich so it's like they're visiting family or something.

Both of them are lovely so you can't really go wrong with either choice. I like Vivian more though, so I would personally keep her and let Blanche go.

Something I do when I'm struggling with a decision like this is I let RNG help me decide. I'd put both villagers in a random name picker or something similar, and the villager it picks would be who I replace. If I'm disappointed by the results, I'd replace the villager that wasn't picked. And if you like both of them equally, RNG can still help you from having to try to make the decision yourself!

Alternatively, since you like both of their designs equally, you could consider whose house interior/exterior you like more? Which one has the hobby you like more; Blanche (nature) or Vivian (education)? Do you have another wolf or ostrich villager? If so, do you care about duplicate species? If not, do you like the wolf or ostrich villager model more?

Good luck!

Last edited:
Usually I'd base this more on the other villagers residing on your island to see if one fits the island better than the other, but without that context, I'm going to say to keep Blanche. Birds are my favorite types of animals in the world and the Ostriches are one of my favorite species in the games since it's so versatile and allows for a bunch of different types of birds like a flamingo, a crane, a peacock, etc. Also, the Wolf villagers tend to be pretty popular, while I feel like Blanche could do with more love. She's cool, I like her.

I love Vivian! I had her in my 2nd New Leaf town as a permanent resident because she reminded me so much of my childhood dog, a tan-and-white collie. So she gets my vote easily.

Back