• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Walking Leaf Bug

I saw my first one on CF, thought it was furniture, jumped out my skin when it got up and started moving! I didn't think you could catch it so I spent ages trying to stomp on it :/

I have yet to come across one, I found a tarantula the other night but couldn't catch it, it got away too quick.

Haha I saw one a few minutes back as well. I was like "lol wut I didn't drop anything" then it got up and ran to the river

I think they come out in July because today was the first time I saw and caught one.

I found one this morning first one too! I was thinking wait how that get there maybe its something rare so I ran at it and it turned into a bug I freaked out luckily I had my net with me at the time so when it popped up I catch it I put it in the museum! Best bug ever!

Somebody care to possibly get a screen shot? because knowing how jumpy I am i'd likely scare it into water thus causing it to drown. lol

The funny thing was that the first one I saw in this game appeared underneath a tree lining up directly with where you'd expect to see furniture from when you shook the tree. Now I knew I'd never leave not pick of furniture that I shook out of a tree, but for some reason it still threw me off. lol

Somebody care to possibly get a screen shot? because knowing how jumpy I am i'd likely scare it into water thus causing it to drown. lol

It looks just like a furniture leaf, but a little bit lighter. If you see a leaf on the ground and can't think of a good reason for furniture to be there, it's a bug. :p It doesn't move extremely fast so it's not hard to catch, but it's appearance is a little more on the rare side.

EDIT: This is what it looked like in City Folk (couldn't find a NL screenshot)

tumblr_m86yy3B5F21rczmj1o1_500.jpg

P.S. That Grass Decay is maekin' me cry! :(

Last edited:
I saw one as well and thought it was furniture, then when it got up and started walking around i was like "well.....thats new" o_O lol!! Hope i can catch one for my museum.

The funny thing was that the first one I saw in this game appeared underneath a tree lining up directly with where you'd expect to see furniture from when you shook the tree. Now I knew I'd never leave not pick of furniture that I shook out of a tree, but for some reason it still threw me off. lol

Ha, that's exactly what happened to me! I walked by a tree with a leaf under it and was like "...did I miss this last night or something??" Then it turned into a bug and I couldn't stop giggling. I love finding these things irl and thought it was neat to have them in AC! Too bad I didn't have my net, accidentally sold it yesterday =/

Ha, I had forgotten about this bug, so I too jumped at first when it started walking. Then I freaked out because we were right next to a river, and it was moving towards it. I managed to pull out my net and swipe it up right as it walked over the edge.

I love the bug! I'm gonna catch one to keep as a pet!

Back