• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Was there any cut content from Animal Crossing NL?

It's only due to space limitations, graphical errors, glitches, and some cut content are just rumors. Like Superpenguin said the cave was a huge rumor.

I think one of the early articles for the game mentioned access to the roof of your house for decorating/gardening. That sounded awesome.

We would call this "beta" or "prototype" material. Most can be found in early E3 videos and stuff, though it's mostly aesthetic changes. Here are changes from early videos of the game. You can easily see these if you look up early pics and videos.

-Human character's arm's used to be a bit longer.
-The walking/running animations were from AC:GC/AC:WW.
-Flowers were fully 3D rendered, instead of the 2D-ish flowers we have now.
-Bushes looked different.
-Trees looked different too, they were more realistic.
-The beach was a bit wider.
-Houses had stepping stones in front of them.
-Certain PWPs, such as benches and streetlamps, were different. Earlier footage also shows spots of concrete under them.
-The docks were shaped differently,and could be anywhere along your beach.
-Player's houses were originally a bit more simple/cartoonish. They also used to have a chimney.
-Speech boxes were different. They were more squarish and darker.

Regarding the early town concept art...
actown.png
-Happy Home Showcase is circular.
-Main street is a lot busier, with more buildings and plants. There's also a fountain in the middle of it...
-The Nook shop is still within the main town.
-The upper waterfall sort of forms a lake.
-There are logs and a bonfire on the beach.
-The dock is very port-like with stone ground and a staircase leading down to it. There is also a hut by it.
-The island is much larger with villagers, huts, and a fountain in the middle.
-It looks like there's a small cove off the coast.
-There's a tiny island and a tiny hut floating in the sea.

New Leaf still turned out to be a good game, but this stuff makes me wonder what it could have been like...

Circular HHA Showcase? Er.. no thanks. Less things can fit in things with rounder edges. :/

But at least that wasn't what was added.

Last edited:
What I would want to be added:
-Happy Home Showcase is circular.
-Main street is a lot busier, with more buildings and plants. There's also a fountain in the middle of it...
-The Nook shop is still within the main town.
-The upper waterfall sort of forms a lake.

-The dock is very port-like with stone ground and a staircase leading down to it. There is also a hut by it.
-The island is much larger with villagers, huts, and a fountain in the middle.

I would love if there were even more places to go!

special content

i dont know about 'cut' content. BUT there is content that can only be found in the U.S, U.K, french, spanish, korean, japan and central europe copies of the game

In the Gamecube games when you picked up money but your bag was full you could just drag it to your wallet. That feature has never made it past the Gamecube and I am sad.

Don't forget things like the jellyfish which were removed.

One thing that was removed that makes me incredibly sad: Blathers' dialogue!!

Blathers used to have cute things to say about EVERY fish, bug, fossil and work of art. He was so full of personality! It saddens me when all he talks about is his baby feathers......

One thing that was removed that makes me incredibly sad: Blathers' dialogue!!

Blathers used to have cute things to say about EVERY fish, bug, fossil and work of art. He was so full of personality! It saddens me when all he talks about is his baby feathers......

YES! YES! YES!
It makes me sad that Blathers is not the same. I miss the old Blathers.
Also, Phyllis is not mean anymore. The only thing she says is for me to close the door on my way out.
Which isn't mean at all in my opinion.

YES! YES! YES!
It makes me sad that Blathers is not the same. I miss the old Blathers.
Also, Phyllis is not mean anymore. The only thing she says is for me to close the door on my way out.
Which isn't mean at all in my opinion.

That's not what was meant by "cut content".

Ok. I found out things that didn't make the cut to new leaf....
- Credit/Gold Card (I used to love that!)
- Frillard
- Wisp and the magic lamp
- Bus Stop and city, obviously..
- Removal of certain furniture items turned into redesgins (Basic bed was Basic Red Bed..)

-The beach was a bit wider.

I do wish sometimes the beach was a bit wider, sometimes it's just so narrow and annoying to navigate.

The bonfire looks adorable, pity that wasn't included. Same goes for the tiny island with the hut.

The small cove would have been a great place to introduce cave-dwelling bugs and fish.

Back