• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WEP key question..

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
In Wild World I was never able to connect with other people because I have WPA (I think that's what it's called) and not WEP.

I was just wondering.. will animal crossing 3DS be able to connect using WPA? I can access the internet fine on my 3DS so I just presumed it would work but now I'm worrying :(

I really want to be able to connect with other people for the first time when I get this game :D

I'm fairly sure that all 3DS games are now set to support WPA internet security settings. You should be fine :)

I've heard some people have difficulty after updates when connecting using WPA, but the 3DS does have WPA connectivity. If it really poses a problem for you, you can manually set up the switch to WEP from WPA.

I've heard some people have difficulty after updates when connecting using WPA, but the 3DS does have WPA connectivity. If it really poses a problem for you, you can manually set up the switch to WEP from WPA.

Hmm... I was able to switch to WEP a while ago, but my family didn't understand what it meant and somewhere it said it wasn't safe so they made me change it back, despite me saying it was, and I'm not allowed to touch it now xD

Hmm... I was able to switch to WEP a while ago, but my family didn't understand what it meant and somewhere it said it wasn't safe so they made me change it back, despite me saying it was, and I'm not allowed to touch it now xD
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of WEP either. That's why I'm glad the 3DS has WPA connectivity. Hopefully it works for me when I grab my 3DS XL. Hope it works for you, too! :)

edit: Just remember to keep in mind that original DS cartridges are only compatible with WEP. You will only be able to go online using WPA for official 3DS titles.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of WEP either. That's why I'm glad the 3DS has WPA connectivity. Hopefully it works for me when I grab my 3DS XL. Hope it works for you, too! :)

edit: Just remember to keep in mind that original DS cartridges are only compatible with WEP. You will only be able to go online using WPA for official 3DS titles.

Actually DSi consoles have WPA capability and I'm pretty sure that Pokemon Black and White support it given that your using a DSi or 3DS. They are the only ones I know of.

Last edited:
In Wild World I was never able to connect with other people because I have WPA (I think that's what it's called) and not WEP.

I was just wondering.. will animal crossing 3DS be able to connect using WPA? I can access the internet fine on my 3DS so I just presumed it would work but now I'm worrying :(

I really want to be able to connect with other people for the first time when I get this game :D

That's exactly what I have, I can't access internet on WW!

Yeah, all of the DS games were WEP only. DSi games, most of which are darker than DS games, could use WPA. All 3DS games support WPA.

I'm glad the 3DS has WPA support, because that's the type of security we have, and it was always such a hassle having to change it to WEP in order to wifi on WW.

Back