• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are some of your silly pet peeves in the game?

This is so petty, but I hate Timmy and Tommy following you around the store. They get in the way, and I’m not a thief. It’s impossible to steal anything from the shop in Animal Crossing anyway. I just dislike those two, because I believe Redd also follows you around and I don’t hate when he does it. I guess I just dislike Tom Nook, Timmy, and Tommy.

That you can only do something 1x1 at a time terraforming the land or rivers. You should be able to upgrade eventually to like 3x3 or something and be able to switch it out. I just left my island the way it was because I'm so lazy to just sit there and terraform block by block.

I only have villagers in square-shaped houses because I'm honestly too bothered by all the round shaped houses still having a square room on the inside.

Even my dear Fauna had to pack.

I only have villagers in square-shaped houses because I'm honestly too bothered by all the round shaped houses still having a square room on the inside.

Even my dear Fauna had to pack.
..... now that you mention it... i cannot unsee it, and i am SO UPSETTI SPAGHETTI ABOUT THIS. WTF.

• How quickly weeds multiply
  • How villagers randomly sit down in places they shouldn’t. I got boxed into my outdoor laundry mat because Dom sat right in the entrance, I had to dig up a bush to get out. 😡
  • How you have to move the cursor down when you want to reject/delete something. I understand it’s to keep kids from making mistakes, but I can’t move through deletions/some conversations at the pace I want because of it.
  • How you can’t put diy in your home storage, or at least a separate storage specifically for it! I don’t like throwing them away, because I can sell/give them away. But I’m always forced to throw them out because they pile up on me.
  • How villagers don’t wear accessories you give them often. I gave Cookie and Lily white hair bows last year, so we could all match. Cookie has only worn hers twice since, and Lily never wore hers at all. 😐
  • How the npcs almost never leave their shops/stations. It would be cool to see them walking around outside after store hours. Or if they had separate living rooms you could enter, since they apparently live in these places anyway. Just so you could still speak to them.
  • How villagers all have the exact same sized home. I wish all their houses varied in shape, size, and number of rooms. Just so they all didn’t look so samey.

• How the npcs almost never leave their shops/stations. It would be cool to see them walking around outside after store hours. Or if they had separate living rooms you could enter, since they apparently live in these places anyway. Just so you could still speak to them.

In the early game, Timmy (or Tommy?) wonders the island with a little flag, and it's so cute.

It was cute! And It was cool while it lasted 😞 it wouldn’t even need to be all the time, at least every now and again.

Last edited:
This is so petty, but I hate Timmy and Tommy following you around the store. They get in the way, and I’m not a thief. It’s impossible to steal anything from the shop in Animal Crossing anyway. I just dislike those two, because I believe Redd also follows you around and I don’t hate when he does it. I guess I just dislike Tom Nook, Timmy, and Tommy.
I agree, but I think Mabel is worse— I can’t even go from the dressing room to the front door without running into her. Mabel, this is a tiny island, so a shoplifter could not go very far. Calm down, girl!

Not being able to refresh the maps Timmy/Tommy show you when picking an island. Seems like such a simple feature to implement. Am I supposed to believe they only have 4 islands available? Nook Inc probably owns the world. Just let me hit the Y button to get 4 new islands. It would be easy to implement and would save me sooo much time.

i’m not sure if this counts or not, but i absolutely hate whenever i accidentally pick a flower. it’s such a minor thing, but it genuinely irritates the hell out of me, and i always spend the following 5-10 minutes after it happens staring at my switch like “😠” LOL.

i also hate whenever i’m fishing and i press the “A” button too early. i always wind up spending the rest of my time playing beating myself up over it, and wondering what fish it was and if it was rare — i always feel worse if i’m looking for a specific fish, or if it was a large shadow or one with a fin. i hate potentially missing out on a shark. >_<

Last edited:
I don’t have very many pet peeves but i do have a couple!

Villagers watering plants. Like I get it you’re trying to be helpful, but i don’t want those watered!

The fact that you can’t get rid of flowers by running them over. I know a lot people don’t miss that, but i hate digging up flowers i don’t want anymore lol

I also wish the waterfalls weren’t SO loud

I’ve mentioned this before in other threads, but I hate how flowers multiply and they do it so quickly. I don’t understand why they multiply so much. There are literally hundreds over the course of a week. I’m glad you can prevent this by using a transparent pattern, but this shouldn’t be an issue in the first place. Flowers didn’t do this in previous games.

Mine isn't to do with the game as such.
Its about its players.

People who upload dreams of their half made, barren islands, and set it so people can randomly go there.

When I go dreaming I don't want to see islands that have been recently flattened and not built back up. It just wastes my time.

Yes... you can probably tell I'm having horrible luck with dreams as I'm writing this haha

I hate how easily the villagers will display clothing - I don't understand why they'll remove a practical item in their house to dump Claude's gift of an instant muscle suit in its place.

Also, speaking of villager homes, I wish we could change the wallpaper and/or flooring, even if it's just for the starter homes. I love Audie and Claude's place, but Cherry's home is such an eyesore, with that bland blue wallpaper and equally dull flooring. She deserves better.

Please let me buy more than one Nook Mile Ticket at a time…….please…….

Also, it’s weird that if you run out of room in your wallet but continue to pick up bell bags, each bag or coin takes up an individual inventory slot instead of automatically consolidating into one additional space.

I'm still peeved about how long it can take to find a scallop to lure Pascal in. Ugh. The bright side is that while looking for Pascal, I did catch a giant isopod and giga's giant clam, so there's that.

Back