• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What are the chances digital version released at midnight?

Peachk33n

Princess Peach <3
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pear (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Silver Mailbox
Hey guys!

I have already planned on buying New Leaf of the eShop. One of the reasons was so that I can download the game right at midnight. But now Im a little concerned about the game not coming out at midnight, but possibly in the morning.

Does anyone know Nintendo's pattern on games launched on the 3DS if all the games come out at midnight? Did it have a midnight release in Japan or Korea?

What do you think the chances are? Ill die if I have to wait even longer :p

One other question, is if the games come out at midnight which timezone will it be? could I chance my 3DS timezone to pacific and get the game earlier?

Anything I've downloaded day of release were done at midnight. Except for Fire Emblem, I had I wait until 9am for that one since I forgot.

It will be up at 12AM EST / 9PM PST in North America, if it's anything like NSMB2, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, and more. Getting it at 9PM for me will be really nice. :)

It will be up at 12AM EST / 9PM PST in North America, if it's anything like NSMB2, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, and more. Getting it at 9PM for me will be really nice. :)

That seems a bit unfair to me. I think all time zones should have to wait till their respective midnight to be able to download games. Not only would it cut down on overkill of too many people in the eshop trying to purchase it all at once, but it isn't fair that the eastern time zones have to wait until midnight while the pacific can get it at 9pm. They should have to wait just as long as everyone else. I'm probably just being selfish (I live in the EST zone) but it wouldn't be that difficult for nintendo to do, and as I said it would give people less problems trying to download it in the first place.

Yeah I'm fine with it too.
Why should they have to wait an extra 3 or so hours?
They're literally still getting it at The same time as the rest of NA and digital buyers. it's not like they're getting it before or anything.

Its pretty much certain the game will be out at midnight eastern (9pm pacific). Since I live in texas, ill get the game at 11pm.

Yeah I'm fine with it too.
Why should they have to wait an extra 3 or so hours?
They're literally still getting it at The same time as the rest of NA and digital buyers. it's not like they're getting it before or anything.

My thoughts on that are why should the east coast have to wait an extra 3 hours?
And like I said, it would be better for everyone to get it at their own time frame because of how backed up the eshop gets with game releases. People downloading onto a japanese 3ds had to wait several hours just to have access to the eshop since the servers were too clogged to support everyone. If it had separate releases then that problem would be less likely to happen and everyone could get it in a timely manner instead of people on the east coast having to wait until 3am just to -start- the download.

It is all irrelevant to me, I'm buying a cartridge. But the common sense is still there and yet again nintendo is overlooking it.

I'm not downloading it, picking it up when Gamestop opens that morning. I assume that it'll be released at 12am EST/9 PST with no issues though.

My thoughts on that are why should the east coast have to wait an extra 3 hours?
And like I said, it would be better for everyone to get it at their own time frame because of how backed up the eshop gets with game releases. People downloading onto a japanese 3ds had to wait several hours just to have access to the eshop since the servers were too clogged to support everyone. If it had separate releases then that problem would be less likely to happen and everyone could get it in a timely manner instead of people on the east coast having to wait until 3am just to -start- the download.

It is all irrelevant to me, I'm buying a cartridge. But the common sense is still there and yet again nintendo is overlooking it.
Because 9pm PST IS 12am EST. What is so hard to understand about that? Grasping the concept of how time zone works isnt difficult. We are NOT waiting 3 more hours. EVERYONE gets it at the same time, nobody is getting it before or after. When the clock hits midnight for EST, it will only be 9pm PST.

And the clogging up thing isn't nintendos problem. If everyone who's going digital decides to download at their corresponding times, then they are subjecting themselves to wait for the download.

People downloading onto a japanese 3ds had to wait several hours just to have access to the eshop since the servers were too clogged to support everyone.

Wait... I was unaware of that...

Will that have a chance of happening here in the us? Should I just wait until about 10am to download? I want to play it asap

I'm not getting mine at midnight. I still don't know where I will get it though.

Since I don't want to get another SD card because I already downloaded Luigi's Mansion 2, I'll be getting the hard copy.

Because 9pm PST IS 12am EST. What is so hard to understand about that? Grasping the concept of how time zone works isnt difficult. We are NOT waiting 3 more hours. EVERYONE gets it at the same time, nobody is getting it before or after. When the clock hits midnight for EST, it will only be 9pm PST.

And the clogging up thing isn't nintendos problem. If everyone who's going digital decides to download at their corresponding times, then they are subjecting themselves to wait for the download.

I am not stupid, I know how time zones work. Thank you for your incredibly rude implications though, you would make an excellent teacher.

And as for the "clogging up thing" as you so eloquently put it not being Nintendos problem, you're right, it isn't their problem because Nintendo does not have to download the game. However it is their fault for allowing it to happen in the first place. I never once stated people would have to personally choose to wait until midnight, I said Nintendo should force them to as to help keep the servers clear. I know how people are, if given the opportunity to download the game at 9PM instead of midnight they will always choose 9PM. However, I find it unfair that an entire country gets the option to do so at different time intervals which will force people on the eastern coast to have to wait longer to play when it isn't their fault they have to wait until later in the day to purchase the game in the first place.

Trying to download a game at midnight, being forced to wait to start the download until 3am, finally having the download finish anywhere from 330am to lets say 5am is a bit rough. Those on the east coast may as well wait to buy the game at a store and get a full nights sleep instead. Or Nintendo could have easily solved the problem by allowing the download at the actual midnight in all four time zones so everyone could be playing it by their 1230. If the game isn't released until June 9th then everyone should have to wait until June 9th, not 75% of the country can get in on June 8th. What is so hard for you to understand about that?

Thank you for your incredibly rude implications though, you would make an excellent teacher.

What is so hard for you to understand about that?

Well, Loviechu isn't the only one who could be accused of being rude (which I disagree with, by the way).

You mentioned servers. This point is moot. It's release date. The servers are gonna be packed and downloads will be slow no matter what time the game is downloaded.

Nintendo has different servers for each time zone, I'm sure.

Hopefully Nintendo can have a solutionfor launch. Ill get a full night's sleep and dl it when I get up. How was the "congestion" for recent launches at midnight?

Back