• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What are the chances digital version released at midnight?

Regarding server congestion, I'd like to point out that to my knowledge there were no issues with the midnight releases for Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, and Luigi's Mansion over here. I don't think it will be a problem for Animal Crossing.

Since the point of the post was completely strayed from, which was about time zones and waiting 3 hours, and you decided to go on about download servers, then no response is needed to be given. And no, I wasn't being rude. You added a rude connotation to what I wrote because that is how you decided to interpret my post but that's fine. Like you said, you're not downloading, so this shouldn't be an issue for you, nor should you go on some type of rant.

And yeah I think the server goes by time zone.

Im jealous other people can get the game at 9 in their timezone, even though its the same time, it all comes down to sleeping patterns, im going to be staying up late and have waited 3 hours longer that day for the game to come out. im not mad, just super jealous XD

Also, I can see japan having a clogged launch, but North America has a smaller population and I think less people that play. ACNL is still in the top charts for Japan in sales I doubt it will be like that here :(

Im jealous other people can get the game at 9 in their timezone, even though its the same time, it all comes down to sleeping patterns, im going to be staying up late and have waited 3 hours longer that day for the game to come out. im not mad, just super jealous XD

Also, I can see japan having a clogged launch, but North America has a smaller population and I think less people that play. ACNL is still in the top charts for Japan in sales I doubt it will be like that here :(

I mean, just judging by the numbers, yeah, it looks a little earlier.

Your second point is very true, though I don't think that there'll be much of a problem here. If Fire Emblem had no problems, AC definitely won't.

Bah, I don't care. As long as I get my game. I will either stay up, or sleep then wake up to download it (If I can sleep in the first place, will be so excited) I will make an alarm just in case I accidentally fall asleep. And worst case scenario, I can't download the game right away. But in the morning I have church and I will let it download while I'm there so I can come home to the game being ready to play. I don't care about it being 9PM for PST, 10PM, 11PM ect for other people in the West because it is at the same exact time. They just don't have to struggle to stay up through the night and be half asleep while downloading (11PM might be but w/e) lol I think having to stay up though will be exciting. Sort of will be like New Years Eve, maybe with less celebration but I am at the point where I am so excited for this game, I would much rather stay up to download this game than have a New Years party like I do every year.

Looking back though, I just can't believe that everyone including me predicted a March-May release... We could have quite possibly had the game by now... :( For some reason I just had a feeling that it wouldn't be the case and I was being too optimistic.

It'll be 11:00pm here in CST. I'll just let it download while I sleep, and set an alarm for 2am to shut off my 3DS so that it doesn't run all night. I'll play it in the morning. :)

I always connect my charger before I download any big games anyways. And with the update and being able to download in the background, I like that too. But I'm planning on just letting it download while I do other things on the other XL

Back