• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Listening To?

Pretty nice blues rock track without it sounding too traditional. The rest of the album features some nice cover versions of various songs, as well as the original version of “Rock & Roll Hoochie Koo” before Rick Derringer (who was a musician on this album) recorded his own, more famous version.

I’m not quite sure why Johnny Winter decided to name this album “Johnny Winter And” - I’m assuming it refers to the other three main backing musicians that can be seen on the art, whom he also toured with around this album’s release in 1970/1971. A live album from this same group was released around the same time; again it’s referred to as “Johnny Winter And”. Kind of a strange name for a self-titled band, but I’ve heard much weirder names.

Back