• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Listening To?

On the night of one of our high school’s senior all night events - where all the seniors go to a public fun place and hang out together as a class one last time - I was tasked with driving them late at night. I knew my night was going to be long, and the bus I drove at the time had a USB port for music, so I plugged in a flash drive full of songs, and this underrated Robin Trower track was the first to play as I drove out the lot to go pick them up. I vividly remember the sun about to set, the temperature being warm and comfortable, and not a cloud appearing in the sky.

I didn’t play the songs while the students were on the (fully packed) bus as I didn’t audibly scan every song’s lyrics for inappropriate content. They were sort of disappointed to hear that I had “nothing” to play, but they probably wouldn’t like my dad rock anyway. The good thing is that I got paid triple than usual that night as I didn’t get done until past 4AM - and a parent tipped me a massive amount - so it indeed made me smile.

Back