• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What are your top 5 Pokemon games of all time?

So, here's my personal top 5 Pokémon games DS is the golden age of Pokémon for me:
  1. Pokémon Black and White along with Black and White 2: can I just say that gen 5 is peak Pokémon and the plot is actually good for Pokémon standards (if we didn't count the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky). Besides that, I'm glad that gen 5 exists and it introduces the favorite character, N. Hugh is a unique rival and a good character because his goals are different compared to the previous rivals. Team Plasma is just peak Pokémon villain.
  2. Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver: The definitive edition of Pokémon remakes. You can walk your Pokémon everywhere in the region and there's extra modes in the game. There's so much to uncover in this version that actually steps it up from the original. Way better than the travesty that is BDSP.
  3. Pokémon Platinum: the TRUE definitive experience of gen 4. You can own a house in post game and reintroduced the battle frontier which increase the replay value even further. There's also additional events that weren't present in Diamond and Pearl along with fixing the problems that were present in D/P versions.
  4. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: although not as great as HG/SS, it makes up for the lack of battle frontier with additional features such as Delta Episode with Rayquaza as the central Pokémon and the mega latios/latias soaring mode which has you exploring the region and mysterious islands that contained legendary Pokémon. Overall, it's still a good remake of the game.
  5. All Pokémon Ranger games: I know that this is a random pick but Pokémon DS games are great because of how experimental the gameplay is. Also, the fact you play as a Pokémon ranger is a huge bonus.
And that's my personal top 5 Pokémon games. I love gen 5, simple as.

Back