• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What did you name your island?

My main island is called "Error," which is the name I've used for all of my main towns in the series since the original. The name was originally chosen as a joke (same as my character name) since I didn't actually expect to like the game as much as I did, and it kind of just became tradition to continue using the names for each game going forward. My secondary island's name is "Foxwell," which I got from the town name generator on QRCrossing for my second New Leaf town back when that site was still a thing.

I have 2 islands and I will go over their names:

1. My main island is named "Destiny" its named after the first world from Kingdom Hearts game called "Destiny Islands". Since I'm a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts I decided to name my character "Sora" after the main character. Originally it was called "Traverse" after "Traverse Town" but it was deleted. That was the first island I had way back in 2020 when I got the game.

2. My 2nd island is named "Daybreak" its another name from Kingdom Hearts but this one is named after the mobile game called "Kingdom Hearts Unchained X" of course its not perfect and the island is not matching up with the theme but I didn't care as much. I also named my character "Vanitas" since he's like a darker version of Ventus which is one of the main characters from Birth by Sleep.

Darkner. I was really into Deltarune at the time and admittedly I strongly dislike the name now, but I put way too much effort into it to reset. I'm kinda stuck in limbo, lol.

I named mine Newgrounds, in honor of the site. Notorious for Henry Stickmin, Pico's School, the Tankmen and Madness Combat series, The Binding of Isaac demo, and Friday Night Funkin'. Ironically, I've never really been on Newgrounds much, but I think my brothers have. I just think that Newgrounds is a pretty cool name. That's my current island name though, when I first played I named my island Termina, in honor of my favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask. :)

my first island was called "vivaciosa". before you ask, don't know what it means either. i literally don't know what i was thinking naming it that. it's been a year and i still don't know how to pronounce it.

ANYWAY! when vivaciosa was about 7ish months old i deleted it. yep, everything, and i did not keep one little thing. i created a new island in hopes for better villagers, a better layout, a better experience knowing more about the game, and also a better name.

so, wanting my next island to be cottagecore/fairycore themed, i named it driftwood! way more easy to pronounce, way more understandable, way more relevant to the idea of new horizons. however, right now i hate it. it seems basic in my opinion. idk.

I named it after my username. Not going to explain its origin, but I like that that it sounds greek-ish, italien-ish and japanese-ish. And I feel like every other choice would bore me eventually.

Mine’s Snail. It was suuuuuper close to being Calluna, but I’m really glad I decided against it

I actually found my old list from March 2020 of island names in my notes lol:

-Asterville

-Sparklight

-Calluna island

-Kokomo (beach boys song)

-Snail

I named mine New Island. My town in ACNL was called "New Leaf" because I couldn't think of any names for it at the time. I named my island "New Island" as a new tradition. If there is a new AC game I will name whatever setting with "New ???"

Mine's Fuggire, my second island island is currently, Gemella but I might change that once/if I start over on my second island.

Both names are very contradicting to the idea of the game, if you look up the translations to them. 😅

Mine's Fuggire, my second island island is currently, Gemella but I might change that once/if I start over on my second island.

Both names are very contradicting to the idea of the game, if you look up the translations to them. 😅
Wait I got "Runaway Twin" when I used google translate LOL
That's one of the coolest ideas I've heard of to name New Horizons islands so that they fit together or contrast together! :D

My old island was named Pondskip, after a place in a video game (Blade and Soul) that was called Pondskip Vale! My new island is named Faraway, after the town in OMORI.

Back