What do you do/plan to do with your OCs?

What do you do/plan to do with your OCs?

• Comic/Graphic novel

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Novel

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Web series/video

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Game

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Roleplay

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Sell them as adoptables

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make up scenarios with them in my head

• Just draw them, mainly

• Other?

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

VernalLapin

𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖑
Bells
Shiitake Plushroom
Coco
I’m curious how many OC havers have plans or are actively working towards putting them in a story. I have ideas for comics, but I feel more motivated to do one-off stuff/drawings. I’ve also done a couple art trades :3

I just like to draw them out or think of certain situations they may get into in my head. One time I planned to make some kind of story with them, but then it got overwhelming so I opted out of it. Maybe when I'm mentally prepared, I could try again...

I have over 100 original characters created in sports games. WWE has my favorite character creator so I usually use that one.

It's basically turned into a full blown hobby.

There's no way to port characters so I have to keep remaking them every year for new releases. Which is fine. I've been doing it for many years.

I don't plan on doing anything else with them. My younger cousin has his own side of characters and we make up silly lore and match them against each other.

I don’t have any plans with them. My only OC, if it can even be referred to as such, is the character in my profile and signature. He’s basically myself, but with blue eyes. My eyes are green. I just preferred blue for the character.

I plan on making a mix between an RPG and visual novel with them. The planned rating will be between T-M, so probably 16-17+. To get an idea of the genre, sci-fi and action are the big guys. It revolves in a planet called Meresidus. It resides in a whole other galaxy.
It'll be like a saga. It starts off in the early 2000s, then finally late 2010s.
And yep, this means some characters of mine will appear as kids before actually being adults. They WILL age.

I've been working on two main ideas I've had as novels (I hesitate to call them that, but they're large writing projects). right now I enjoy thinking of scenarios with them and drawing them a lot when I'm not writing! character design is really fun :) I might eventually post some of my art here if I work up the courage to!

it's also cool to see so many others have OCs that they just have for fun as well, sometimes it's nice to have a character that doesn't have to have a grand story or plan attached to them.

Mostly mine are just for fun! I have a couple of self-insert characters, Merielle and Lotte, who I use for wish fulfillment and OC x Canon pairs, even if that pretty much stays in my head ahaha ;v; I greatly admire people who can actually commission selfship art... I think if I tried I would die

I also have a few other characters I don't project myself onto, who are just kind of there for me to admire/draw/collect art of because pretty character design makes my brain go brrr. Even though I'm not currently planning on using them for stories or anything, I usually flesh out their personalities/backstories just as a fun creative exercise and to give myself something to base any art of them around. It makes me more attached to them too! I like not needing to worry so much about how they fit into the grand scheme of their story, and that I can freely give them alternate designs and come up with AUs for them without needing a reason for it ahaha

I've had some more Serious™️ story ideas with characters I haven't shared online, but don't really have the time/motivation to focus on them right now, and I... think I've lost interest in a lot of them eheh. Might go back at some point to either rework them (for the umpteenth time) and/or salvage the characters from them though.

i have two that i wanted to write a webtoon about! a few are also novel based, i have a couple for an au set in the future. loots of video game ideas. of course i highly doubt i’ll get around to all of that :>

I basically have a setting in mind when it comes to the OC's I have. It's basically this kind of an alternate post-apocalyptic world where humans are partially extinct or enhanced and the art/writing supplies were the most powerful items so it can be considered superweapons. And stories were brought on to reality because of that powerful magic. The world is in an actually dangerous state for normal humans to live because of magic and the defiance of the natural order.

And that those superweapons can warp reality to a certain extent. (Perhaps, that power knows no limits.)

The power scales vary but the ones that were completely detached from the Earth's "logic" or the ones with the most imagination were the most powerful.

I wanted my characters to have their own theme music for each and every character, but I lack the ability to compose music so I'll just stick to designing and writing characters.

Same goes for making and writing a visual novel about it, I just lack the programming chops to do so.

The reason that the apocalypse happened is because of the human leaders using ink and oil as a superweapon and a weapon of destruction by fusing it with mercury.

Paints count because they have the oil property.

They basically made a weapon in which they used to up their level to the gods/divine rulers (basically artists and authors). Thing is, human leaders made the weapon out of greedy reasons and not for the sake of their own people in which humanity is partially wiped out by overgrown carnivorous plants and flood as a punishment.

So basically, the divine rulers used the natural version of the formula (paint wand water) to power up nature to be destructive. The cartoon like characters are a creation and proof of the divine ruler's power. And magic existing is a byproduct of the divine rulers which overwrites the basic natural order as a result.

my main OCs are in their own story im still working on writing. my fandom OCs, my friend is un-fandoming and putting them in their comic series. i like what they've done with them.

i only have six main ocs. mostly, i would just write normal little stories about them, especially the main couple, since their setting is the real world. (albeit a fictional city lol.) after a little while, i worked up a book plot to write about them in. never did finish said book, but i did get 11.5 chapters and 47,000 words in. maybe one day. sometimes i do put them (mostly my main character) into other worlds/franchises for fun.

I have two categories for OCs. The first category are the dozen or so characters I’ve planned for a novel that I’ve been procrastinating on writing. They were purely made for the story and I don’t plan on using them for anything else.

My other two OCs are just cute designs I created for picrews and potentially art I’ll commission eventually once I find the right artist. I did give them backstories just for context, but that’s it.

i'm planning a comic with my mouse, buttermilk :3

juniper and her children, summer, buttermilk, bean and coconut's family photo...3.0......png

*buttermilk is the one in the middle*

i've got nothing of the script yet.......more or less ... i've done one & a half pages of it, but...

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/gallery/90701352/characters-for-a-comic-maybe-

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/adventures-of-buttermilk-the-mouse-comic-stuffs-1058654914

but also drawing her, mainly :>

Last edited:
My OCs are for the stories I'm planning to use them in. Most of them were made when I was a child; So I took them apart one day and reconstruct them to what they are today.
Still working on those last names. Something that they already have, but I'm not feeling it anymore/ they don't have enough meaning to them.

For what type of stories....Romance, Drama? (sometimes it feels like it's going that way) and maybe some fantasy.

Last edited:
i'm planning a comic with my mouse, buttermilk :3

View attachment 569951
*buttermilk is the one in the middle*

i've got nothing of the script yet.......more or less ... i've done one & a half pages of it, but...

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/gallery/90701352/characters-for-a-comic-maybe-

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/adventures-of-buttermilk-the-mouse-comic-stuffs-1058654914

but also drawing her, mainly :>
Buttermilk is adorable and I love the concepts and the bright and cheerful atmosphere! I look forward to seeing the comic come together! 🌸🌱

Buttermilk is adorable and I love the concepts and the bright and cheerful atmosphere!
thankyou! : D
that's their family photo that you see there ^^

I look forward to seeing the comic come together! 🌸🌱
🤗

it's not gonna be for a long time to come yet.... 😑😅

i still have to think of the script which i have no clue of, other then the dialogue that i put on my one & a half pages of practice 😯

Back