• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What do you think determines which villagers get "cut" from the games?

My opinion is that there are some species, like Octopus, that do not have at least one villager for every personality type without resorting to Amiibo. Okay, I understand not bringing back villagers like Bow and Meow even though I would like all villagers back, but at least make sure that each species fulfills every personality type. Cow and Bull being classified as a single species.

As for Lionesses, would we get a separate model like with the Cow and Bull or would the existing Lion model be edited to remove the mane like with the Kangaroo model being modified to remove the joeys for Rooney and Walt?

Unfortunately Animal Crossing is heading the same way as Pokémon. Inevitably there will be too many villagers to include in one game so some will start getting cut.
I would prefer if they focused on reintroducing the forgotten villagers as opposed to creating new ones though…unless they’re going to introduce new species.
Yeah since you're on the topic of Pokemon since Sword and Shield they have been cutting out a lot of Pokemon lately and they did the same thing with Scarlet and Violet. I know thats a topic for another thread but that relates to the issue.

Back on topic it would be interesting if they just make the villagers more likeable and the ones that people don't pay attention too like you say do get "reintroduced" to give a reason to have them. I do like the idea of new species since there has been a lot of requests to add new species and new personalities. I would be all for it if its done right.

Back