• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What happened!?

Psicat

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Cosmos
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Yellow Candy
Try to load up my game today and I get this message.
EWfvYeZUEAAEv1h.jpeg

oh no :0
have you been visiting islands and using the minus button to leave?
i heard that could corrupt the save

Unfortunately your save is corrupted, I'm not an expert, but there may be a solution to fix it, not sure if this is true. Sorry to hear that!

I don't think there's a solution to this without resetting... I'm so sorry.

Do you remember doing anything weird before turning your game off? Did it turn off in the middle of an autosave? Did you try to leave with the "-" button or did someone else try to leave with the "-" button while visiting an island?

I visited my nephews island this weekend that's it. Yesterday it was running a little slow. Saving and quitting took a while last night, but I did wait for it to finish like always before I turned it off.

I visited my nephews island this weekend that's it. Yesterday it was running a little slow. Saving and quitting took a while last night, but I did wait for it to finish like always before I turned it off.
What do you mean running a little slow? Just the saving/quitting part?

I notice when I'm not connected to the internet, launching the game/quitting the game takes a LOT longer. Were you connected to the internet at the time it was saving slowly?
Post automatically merged:

OH, before I forget, make sure to check for corrupted data!

Hopefully something is found with this tool and can be salvaged ;;

I've warned people on Twitter about it. You might be one of ENG players who have this issue (that has proof of).

I suggest you follow Krissi's advice and contact Nintendo Support about it. They did promise to offer a save restoration in exchange for not supporting cloud saves. Please, try it.

I've warned people on Twitter about it. You might be one of ENG players who have this issue (that has proof of).

I suggest you follow Krissi's advice and contact Nintendo Support about it. They did promise to offer a save restoration in exchange for not supporting cloud saves. Please, try it.
Oh my god... this is much worse than any of the villager glitches, hopefully this can be fixed soon, this is absolutely gamebreaking and NEEDS to be addressed and fixed.

Sorry it happened to you, OP :(

Please everyone, be careful when trading and if you're hosting I'd make leaving through the airport mandatory if they want to come (hard to control but it's worth a shot, it's to everyone's benefit)

If you own two Switches you can try transferring your data to the other console!
I don't think there's any other way to recover corrupted data ;;

If you own two Switches you can try transferring your data to the other console!
I don't think there's any other way to recover corrupted data ;;
Unfortunately this won't work because you can't transfer ACNH data to another switch normally. I doubt it'd allow you to transfer corrupted data.

Oh my god... this is much worse than any of the villager glitches, hopefully this can be fixed soon :(

Sorry it happened to you, OP :(

Please everyone, be careful when trading and if you're hosting I'd make leaving through the airport mandatory if they want to come (hard to control but it's worth a shot, it's to everyone's benefit)
Yeah. I've only gone to press "-" if I'm the only one in the island but I make sure I go through DAL if I'm with more people other than myself.

The JP AC fanbase is already in high tension when the first wave of save data corruption happened. Most cases that were reported had to do with multiple people in a host's island (i.e someone with bad connection throwing everyone out). It's unfortunate but I hope Nintendo did consider.

Found the original TBT thread regarding this issue: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/leaving-quietly-can-wipe-your-save-data.513002/#post-8759783

What do you mean running a little slow? Just the saving/quitting part?

I notice when I'm not connected to the internet, launching the game/quitting the game takes a LOT longer. Were you connected to the internet at the time it was saving slowly?

Not quite sure. I always have my wifi active at home, but last night loading took longer than usual, and saving took a lot longer as well.

I believe my nephew has his game and system set to Spanish while mine is in English and he booted me out of the game after we where done, but other than that no problems arose.

Yeah. I've only gone to press "-" if I'm the only one in the island but I make sure I go through DAL if I'm with more people other than myself.

The JP AC fanbase is already in high tension when the first wave of save data corruption happened. Most cases that were reported had to do with multiple people in a host's island (i.e someone with bad connection throwing everyone out). It's unfortunate but I hope Nintendo did consider.

Found the original TBT thread regarding this issue: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/leaving-quietly-can-wipe-your-save-data.513002/#post-8759783

Honestly, this is why I don't really want to do online with anyone. My internet is very... unstable at times.

Once more, a company tries to stop hacking/exploits/piracy with a measure that not only proves it's not capable of doing it's intended work, it also proves to be harmful to those who are playing legit/with an original copy of the game.

It's been happening for quite a while and the truth is, none of these companies care about it. For them it's acceptable if a small part of their userbase experience these problems if they think their measures are needed and good enough.

PC gamers may know the struggle caused by the Denuvo DRM system. It does more harm than good, doesn't stop piracy and just makes people who legitimately bough the game feel miserable.

Last edited:
Ugh, the most horrible thing to see for any animal crossing fan. I am truly sorry that this happened to you. I've experienced that slow saving occurrence myself, and I wasn't even playing online with anyone. It was a few nights ago when I was finishing playing for the day and after quitting, I almost thought it got stuck on the saving screen to be honest. I think it was "saving" for several minutes before it finally finished.

Ugh, the most horrible thing to see for any animal crossing fan. I am truly sorry that this happened to you. I've experienced that slow saving occurrence myself, and I wasn't even playing online with anyone. It was a few nights ago when I was finishing playing for the day and after quitting, I almost thought it got stuck on the saving screen to be honest. I think it was "saving" for several minutes before it finally finished.

Had something similar happen while going for a DIY recipe. Was host, myself and one other user. Other user left with the minus button and me and the host got stuck on the saving screen for about a minute and a half. Worst part was, the villager stopped crafting and I missed out on the DIY. We both got off free there, but what if? Me and the host were pretty upset.

That's actually very scary. I'm just starting to now start with online stuff. It's making me very hesitant to allow people onto my island now in case my save gets messed up. Hopefully everyone goes directly through DODO airlines to leave and not use "-" button.

Also. I hope things like this wake Nintendo up and realize that they way they set this up does not work. Hopefully they can fix all of this, and prevent it from happening in the future.

Back