• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What happened!?

This is freaking me out. I had several island visits yesterday that ended with my internet connection being cut. There was even 2 where my screen was stuck at the other persons island while they that it saved on their end. My heart’s just pounding so hard right now. I’m so scared and I’m really sorry to see this happen to you OP. Thank you for also notifying us of your situation. We really need to get the word out for this. The more people know the more people angry at nintendo.

this absolutely blows op, i’m sorry 😔
before you restart your island, you might have a chance to recover your save data! here’s a screenshot i took that someone suggested ended up working for them with their corrupt save.

FC4F86C7-9E7B-4909-A3D3-28351648C251.jpeg

Oof yeah this is kind of putting me off playing online with others. :/ It’s especially frustrating after paying for it.

@Psicat idk what you’ve done since this post but I saw a post on reddit a couple days ago where a user’s girlfriend called him in a panic because she’d gotten this same screen. She actually wound up totally closing out of the game via the home menu, and when she reopened it, her town was on the loading screen again. The user speculated that maybe you should try that instead of going through with the rebuild process immediately, as it apparently autosaves when you start the character customization? Which means you’ll never get your original island back. It’s very anecdotal but worth a shot, I think.

I’m sorry about what happened. :(
OK now I wish I'd seen this message earlier, but of course I come back online an hour after I transfer my files to a different SD card and finally wipe my save data. I'm going to crawl into bed and try forget about today now. I'll reset my town tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

if you need help getting your previous villagers, feel free to ask me! I have most of the amiibo cards in my collection, so I can get most of them for you via the amiibo method :)
Thanks. I have a few amiibo of my favorites at least. I will miss Ankha, but maybe I'll try to take the opportunity and reset until I start with Dom or Reneigh since I never did run into any of the new villagers on Nook islands last time

Last edited:
I’m so sorry this happened wow. I guess now I will be socially distancing for a while on AC too :/

Back