What has been your top 3 favourite events?

What has been your top 3 favourite events?

• Tales From our Travels

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • Count Inside the Bottle

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Mysterious Masterpieces

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Aquatic Album

Votes: 39 25.5%
  • Bookful of Bugs

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Oceanside Aquariums

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Cryptid Creek

Votes: 51 33.3%
  • Hiking Trip

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Campfire Singalong

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Birdwatching / Wildlife Spotting

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Stories in the Shadows

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Go Fish! Oarfish!

Votes: 89 58.2%
  • Cabin Flag/Signature Look/Representative Elections

Votes: 13 8.5%

• Total voters
So far, my favourite has been the one about the postcards :ROFLMAO: I just laughed so much reading the things people wrote! And then, so many different and original ideas for the art style!

My favourites were the two critterpedia events, fish, and then the bug one haha. I just had a lot of fun drawing them. I also really enjoyed the aquarium task and the hiking trip one though, I found them fun sources of inspiration :D

I really liked making a song for the Campfire Sing-a-long! It must be the Guide/Scout in me but it all just popped into my head and was a lot of fun :) I've also recorded mine as my entry which was fun because I haven't done much editing of music before!

My two definite favorites are:
  • Stories in the Shadows: Out of all of the events, I had the most fun with this. The whole process of coming up with what I chose as my shadow and bringing it to life with the items I chose was enjoyable. It's also a really nice tie-in to the camp setting.

• Go Fish! Oarfish: The Oarfish game is pretty fun to play and I'd occasionally find myself playing it even outside of the regulation hours. I was relieved that getting the high scores wasn't particularly important since, while I'd be able to score in the 40s-70s, I didn't have to necessarily compete against the people who could go up into the 100s+.

Also, the Oarchris bonus game is humorous and I enjoyed the modified MK8 Baby Park song that plays on the page.

My third favorite is a toss-up between Hiking Trip, Cryptid Creek, and Oceanside Aquarium. The Hiking Trip event, as per the bare minimum requirements of 5 items, is a bit plain, but I made a full scene even though it wasn't necessary and I ultimately had fun with it. Cryptid Creek is a neat concept and I like the idea, though I wish we could have the freedom to use amiibo if we have them instead of being limited to our current residents. Finally, Oceanside Aquarium was simply fun to do and I was fond of the scene I ultimately constructed. At the moment I'm leaning toward Cryptid Creek. Ultimately, I liked that all three of these events allowed for more creative freedom if we wanted to utilize it. They also act as equalizers for those of us who aren't artists.

---

As far as the others are concerned? Aquatic Album, Bookful of Bugs, and Tales From Our Travels are fun in their owns ways but as someone who can never compete with actual artists, art events are never my favorites. Mysterious Masterpieces has taught me to appreciate and enjoy the mirror games more than I have in the past, but I don't really like that there's a giant point bonus tied to being the first cabin to correctly guess and, while I'm enjoying myself, I don't know about utilizing it in a team competition like this. I always suck at Count Inside the Bottle, and I also feel basically the same way as I do with Mysterious Masterpieces regarding the point bonus and team setting not feeling the best for this Camp competition. Campfire Singalong is a cool concept and fitting for the camp setting, but it's got me stumped. Birdwatching/Wildlife Spotting, while a bit difficult, was fun to figure out alongside the cabinmates. Finally, the Cabin Color/Flag/Representative events were simple but enjoyable.
Having just posted my Campfire Singalong song and really liking what I managed to come up with, my top three are now:

Stories in the Shadows
Campfire Singalong
Go Fish! Oarfish!

i honestly loved almost all of the events campfire singalong + stories in the shadows hurt me and i haven’t even submitted my entry for one of them yet 😭, but my top 3 favourites definitely have to be;

1. go fish! oarfish!
this is gonna sound bad, but when camp first started earlier this month, i sincerely considered opting out - not because i didn’t want to participate or because i didn’t like the event, but because my depression decided that it couldn’t allow me to enjoy something that i’d been waiting weeks for and hit me hard, leaving me overwhelmed with no energy whatsoever. i would literally panic every time that i tried to come up with an aquarium design idea or draw my frog. :/

“go fish! oarfish!” helped a lot during the first week because it gave me an easy and quick way to help my cabin out a bit, which is exactly what i needed at the time. but i honestly had a lot of fun with it in general and the raffle was super neat, too! i even have it bookmarked so that i can still play. :’)

2. tales from our travels
the amount of ideas that i had for this one honestly made me panic, too LOL, along with the fact that art still intimates the hell out of me. i finally managed to decide on an idea last week, though, and had a lot of fun with it! i’m even pretty happy with how it turned out and love seeing everyone else’s designs as well!

3. wildlife spotting
14D68FA0-7EFE-4A05-A430-1CF2D5A1ABCF.png
i haven’t been of much help to my cabin with this one as i’m garbage when it comes to solving riddles, but i still enjoy trying and always have fun with this type of event, even though clue #2 is kicking our ass rn LOL.

sorry for going so in-depth with my answers heh. 🥴

I loved "Aquatic Album", "Bookful of Bugs" and "Go Fish! Oarfish!" as it was simple, everyone could contribute even if you're not as creative and on top of it teamwork was paying off! 🖌

My least favorite was / is by far "Wildlife Spotting".. I just break my head too much with things like that and I get addicted in trying to find the answer to the point that I scroll pretty much all day long like a dead Zombie through the forums, making myself feel sick from it.. 🥴

Bookful of Bugs because I tried experimenting a few things that turned out well. Another one would be Cryptid Creek because I had fun coming up with stuff that would make one of my villagers sound mysterious and dangerous. But it doesn't compare to Go Fish! Oarfish! I really had fun playing the minigame Mistreil had made, especially the OarChris mode! I had a laugh when it was going painfully slow and that you'd only lose if you end up hitting yourself lol.

After doing the Campfire song, it actually raised to my Top3... so I had to change slightly my votes :sneaky:
Postcards remain my nº1, but writing lyrics for my favourite K. K. Slider's song was funny and also very fulfilling, since it was something I had always wanted to try but never had actual motivation to do it.

My number one favorite is Go Fish! Oarfish! I was semi-good at it, but I had a fun time playing it!

My other two favorites are Tales from our Travels and Hiking Trip!

in this order, i voted for:
  • go fish! oarfish! because it was one of the more unique events, and it was refreshing and way more enjoyable to not have to design or draw something. my only gripe with the game was the little faces appearing on the outermost edges, but it was very fun beyond that and mistreil did a great job with it! i really hope we see similar events/games in the future.
  • cryptid creek. not only did i actually really enjoy coming up with the details/backstory for lucky the midnight hound, i also oddly enjoyed making the "room" i took the picture in -- probably because i only had to design a forest at night, which wasn't wildly difficult. the oceanside aquarium event where i also had to design a "room" felt like a little more of a chore by comparison.
  • tales from our travels. i'm not an artist, and i don't particularly care for drawing because i'm impatient, and i feel like drawing/designing events are a little over-saturated on here (although i understand why) with the same people having a tendency to win. that being said, i liked the way my postcard came out in the end, and drawing it was... not necessarily fun, but relaxing almost.
if not for the terrible second clue we received, wildlife spotting probably would've been in third or at least tied for it. as it stands, i don't personally believe/agree riddle #2 went with its answer well enough to be solved without the hint we received. despite that, it was fun sharing ideas with my teammates and seeing everyone's joy when we cracked the other two.

The oarfish game and the shadow puppets were unique ideas so my vote goes to them.

I also picked birdwatching because I likes me a good riddle.

my #1 favorite was cryptid creek because it was so fun making up a cryptid and making the set in the photopia, i also liked oarfish.

I voted in the poll a little bit ago but I figured I would elaborate on what events were my personal favourites and why! In no particular order (okay... in the order they appear in the poll, lol)

Oceanside Aquariums: I thought this event was so cute! I had a lot of fun creating my little oceanside aquarium and it's something I'll be keeping displayed on my island - with a few little alterations. I feel mean having the little fish in tanks/buckets sitting right in front of the ocean so! A new longer term goal of mine so get models made of a bunch of fish and set those up in the area. My aquarium is supposed to look like a pirate ship so right now even though it's lacking in models I do have a few pirate things out which helps it not feel super empty. This event was also just really helpful for me because it forced me to finally clean up my tulip-ridden beach, lol.

Cryptid Creek: This one was also a lot of fun! I actually had a tough time with this one, I didn't know what I wanted to do at all outside of knowing I wanted my cryptid to either be Egbert or Sherb. I ended up going with Egbert because he's my favourite, lol. It was a lot of fun creating a little scene and writing about it! I do enjoy creative writing I just don't always feel the best about sharing it, which was also part of what made this one so daunting. In the end though it was fun and it was super lovely getting to read other peoples entries!

Go Fish! Oarfish!: I loved this. I was absolutely horrendous at it, lol, and I wasn't ready for baby park to start playing when I discovered Chris' mode, but it was really fun! It was the easiest event for me to participate in which was really nice because I got to feel like I was helping my team without being stressed.

My favorite events were the Tales from our travels - I actually had a lot of fun drawing my postcard and loved looking at others' postcards!
Bookful of bugs- I really got into drawing and coloring my dragonfly LOL
Oarfish game- This game was so entertaining omg, probably my favorite event ever I think.

Cryptid Creek, Go Fish! Oarfish!, Wildlife spotting would be my favourites.
I did really enjoy all the drawing events as well but I think these 3 events were my favourites for uniqueness.

I love the little story element of Cryptid Creek that we got to make up our own personalities for the villagers and it was really fun to see who everyone chose!

Oarfish needs no explanation it was just awesome.

As for wildlife spotting I really just loved that we got to work together. Seeing how other people interpret the clues and how everyone has different ideas of where to look it was all just really fun I think (even though it was also frustrating) I wish I could have people to help me during the regular Easter egg hunts lol

I know it says 3 but the Go Fish! Oarfish really blew me out of the water (and I could only participate in so many events) so I only cast my vote for that one. Esp since the Meerca Chase game since hasn't been converted on Neopets get I could get my Snake fix lol

I know it says 3 but the Go Fish! Oarfish really blew me out of the water (and I could only participate in so many events) so I only cast my vote for that one. Esp since the Meerca Chase game since hasn't been converted on Neopets get I could get my Snake fix lol
I'm glad you mentioned Meerca Chase -- it was a larger inspiration to me than the original Snake game was for the Oarfish game!
No red neggs though, since the game was hard enough. But I considered it at some point. 😏

1. Stories in the Shadows
2. Cryptid Creek
3. Count Inside the Bottle

I really love creative events like the first two, and the third one always made me excited to see the reveal each Sunday! :)

Back