• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What I think of the new update so far

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Ever wanna know why I didn't post as much yesterday? It's because the amiibo update has occured not too long ago, and I had to try it out all day. Here are what I think about the new features:

1. I do like how the ACHHD features are kicking in. Nearly all of the items in ACHHD were added in ACNL after the update, which somehow invalidates ACHHD's gameplay in some way. But there are a few missing features. Let's forget about the duplication feature since that takes out the challenge as it makes the catalog obsolete. I'm talking about a few other stuff. You still can't add doors, windows, curtains, or sound scenery to your houses, and there's no ceilinh furniture - yet. That's part of the reason why I liked ACHHD's gameplay more. Another thing to point out is how the more precise grid was not included. But everything else made it to the game.
  2. The Wii U and 3DS furnitre pieces would have to be the best part about the update. Although I haven't tried the 3DS game since I didn't obtain them through the fortune cookies, but I did get the Wii U. Just like how Mermaidman & Barnicle Boy and Terrance & Phillip are "shows within TV shows", Desert Island Escape and Puzzle League were games within a game. I found the Desert Island Escape to be fun. One of the reasons why the GameCube Version was better than the rest of the series was that it had NES games, which were games within the game. Now we have these two new games in ACNL, and they're a lot better than the NES games you can get in the GameCube Version. And you get rewards for playing the games.
  3. The Campground was another cool feature. Since I updated the game, StarFall got a new attraction that I didn't have before the update. I liked the camper vans, the fire pit dance, and this mini-shop like the Island Shop that sold ACHHD-exclusive items.
  4. The Meow points was another good idea. Now ACNL has four forms of currency. They got Bells, the main AC currency. The fortune cookies require Play Coins, which are obtained by walking in real life. The Island Shop requires medals to buy stuff. And finally, the campground requires Meow Points.
  5. I'm not upset that my dream town got deleted, but it means that it's time to work on a new dream town. The south side of the river is fine as always, but the north side of the river (which is a larger portion of the town) requires a lot more work). And the houses, it's time to change them around. I am not gonna reset my town, but I am gonna revamp my town.
  6. Lastly, I am gonna cover the secret storage space. That was a brilliant idea. I now have more room to store things. Even if lockers and closets in ACNL could store more than the previous games, this one has even more.

I spent about 45-60 minutes yesterday messing around with the new update. Just bought the storage locker for my house last night so it should be there today.

The only thing I hate about the campground is that it's very close to my house. It almost bothers me, but being able to go tere so conveniently is actually kinda cool.

How do you get Wii U furniture? I watched the direct and still don't know how.

Also, regarding your comment about the NES in AC:GCN; I still prefer those games over the new ones. Maybe it's because the new ones look like cheap smartphone games?

I like the amiibo camera and functionality, but I have to buy one of those things you put near your 3DS to scan them because my XL is old. :(

I might get more into it later but it seems right now I'm just warming up to it.

Back